Trump Administration moving forward on tent cities for kids

How soon before these kids are also “prisoners with jobs”?

4 Likes

How many of us plan to block the roads to the base?

3 Likes

It was so much easier to make quota when the reefer was illegal everywhere.

4 Likes

Remember that time the Romans took the baby Jesus away from Mary when she walked across the border from Bethlehem?

3 Likes

In the Trump universe, this fits in with all the contradictions. The undocumented have come here to work… but that doesn’t guarantee freedom.

2 Likes

7 Likes

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.

And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in tatters, lying in an interment camp.

And suddenly there was with the border agent a multitude of deplorables, decrying the child’s presence and saying,

Glory to Augustus in the highest, and in Rome purity and good will toward men.

7 Likes

They already are.

2 Likes

Wow…and in Texas yet, where it’s been determined that tents at prisons are cruel and unusual punishment.

6 Likes

Your poor huddled masses, let’s club them to death and get it over with.

Don’t call them “tent cities”. Call them something more … recreational. They’re camps, camps where the kiddies can be kept while we Concentrate on a Solution to the Immigrant Problem. And not just a temporary solution. Real Merkins demand a Final Solution.

9 Likes

I’m not sure that’s any better.

2 Likes

Maybe they’re trying to rescue us, by voting!
/s

oh, well, this isn’t punishment or a prison, so what’s the issue? /s

2 Likes

It’s all part of the casting effort for the next Sulu

Yes, but with added child abuse. Is there an age cut-off below which kids stay with parents? What age is it? How do you provide supervision and care for that many temporarily orphaned kids, brought together in large numbers? Isn’t there a minimum adult:child ratio required for US day care centres/schools, etc? Will it apply here? How many adults will be paid to ‘care’ for these kids? Wouldn’t it be hugely cheaper to incarcerate them with their parents?
I’m not advocating incarceration of anyone, but splitting kids from parents is overt inhumanity, which will be compounded by the low levels of ‘care’ likely to be available in these tented concentration camps, and it will likely cost the US more money. Trump is a fuckwit.

9 Likes

Future Tents!

5 Likes

Tell me that’s not real.

1 Like

It appears to be.

But the photo in the OP is from a tent city in Guatemala.
4 Likes

But the occupation density means it would be better called ‘intense’.

(If the subject weren’t so awful I’d go further and start looking for ‘Carry On Camping’ jokes. This is likely to be almost as farcical, but not for the poor kids subjected to it.)

1 Like