Trump advisor Steve Bannon ordered conservative Republicans to vote for Trumpcare and they just laughed at him

9 Likes

You know, that picture of Bannon makes him look an awfully lot like an old Irish drunk (I have a lot of street cred on this one). If fact, I’ve known a lot of these kind of guys. They always act like big shot power-brokers to hide the piss running down their legs and make a show of how everyone has to listen to them or else.

And,they always get laughed at.

13 Likes

Note to self: don’t become evil. Evil people have really really bad skin.

Broken blood vessels
Line my cheeks

11 Likes

Eh, it’s not too bad. Well, it literally is bad, but it can pay the bills. Just invest in decent skin cream.

5 Likes

Or drinking the puréed bodies of liberals. I guess he needs a fresh supply, look at the state of him.

7 Likes

Pretty drained. I hear portraits in the attic can also help.

15 Likes

Dems in blender haven’t helped him at all https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Steve-Bannon-look-unhealthy

5 Likes

That is basically saying FDR should have let Hitler invade the U.S. just to prove to people that we should get involved in WWII.

6 Likes

He didn’t say he was quoting Steve Bannon verbatim so your confusion is understandable. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

In other news, business man learns government isn’t run like a business.

While Obamacare/ACA is far from perfect, it has some good parts and the whole concept of putting together something “better” is a daunting task. I am glad to see most Republicans aren’t as tribal as their rhetoric. If you repeal and pass something new it HAS to be distinctly better than the old thing, other wise you will get skewered every time it fails. Conversely, leaving it in place means it will be a repeating political pawn you can bring out every time it fails. And while the Ds and Rs continue to use it as political currency, we just keep getting fucked. Though we still have the existing condition clause, so that’s good.

5 Likes

On a serious note, yeah, he looks like a functional alcoholic. Which generally go down fast.

Jebus, I wish I didn’t know so much about the subject.

On a lighter note, he could get healthier with a sessions rolled blunt.

10 Likes

Evil? That’s pretty apparent. Genius, not so much.

6 Likes

Man, Bannon looks sick AF.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s a generality but probably applies to Trump and the Conservative Republican Senators

Try: http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/11/brains-men-and-women-aren-t-really-different-study-finds

There is more difference between individual human personalities than there is difference between the personality characteristics of the groups of humans assigned “male” and “female”.

Saying [quote=“ChickieD, post:46, topic:97685”]
men tend to view conversation as a one up/one down thing where they vie for authority, whereas women see conversation as a way to connect.
[/quote]

reduces those individual differences to a sexist stereotype.

13 Likes

The optimised form of the expression might be Toilet Paper Tigger.

-EDITED to make actual sense

5 Likes

My comment is based on Deborah Tannen’s research as she described it in You Just Don’t Understand: Men and Women in Conversation.

5 Likes

He looks like an alcoholic who’s not ‘functioning’ so well anymore.

Somewhere in another thread someone wondered why Bannon hasn’t had someone put a bullet through his head yet.

Aside from the obvious answer which is that he rarely leaves the fortress-like safety of the WH, it seems likely that he’s inadvertently killing himself by inches.

Thanks, but no.

Regardless to what you base it upon, it’s still just an opinion. For any scientific article you may post supporting your belief, there are likely an equal number refuting it because human behavior isn’t logical or consistent.

Chickadee’s comment was also an opinion; one based upon personal observation and the observations of other women.

5 Likes

I’m not saying that Tannen’s examples don’t happen. But she’s generalised from ‘I observed this between men and women’ to ‘This is the way it is’ when (admittedly less often) the roles can and are reversed. Because

… it’s better to think of people as individuals, rather than reduce them to only what’s between their legs.

2 Likes

So how long do we actually have before Trump notices that his buddy Putin keeps things in line with terror and murder? Vlad indulged himself with an assassination and defenestration just this week. Who do you suppose is at the top of the orange one’s list to stumble out of a fourth story window? I have no doubt Bannon knows a guy…

2 Likes