Trump and Biden face off for final Presidential Debate

:joy:

25 Likes

Bottom line - Trump is behind and needed to convert voters. He didn’t do that at all.

Biden had to not screw up - and he did better - he had a good debate.

25 Likes

Apparently yes?

21 Likes

I’m hoping within the next 20 years the Dem leadership will realize the world has moved on.

5 Likes

Wondering how it’s possible that anybody hasn’t figured out which is the better candidate at this point in time, but, ya know, some people are very fucking lost.

6 Likes

Not according to Rick Santorum in CNN or most of Fox News.

1 Like

Rick Santorum lost his re-election to the Senate in PA 59–41%.

His judgement may be suspect.

16 Likes

It was just utterly baffling. Trump claims to be such a clever humorist with his constant hypotheticals and other bizarre statements as him just “joking” or “sarcasm”. Not to mention his endless insults and nicknames levied toward others. Yet he can’t even recognize a well-timed burn when Biden lays one on him.

15 Likes

Biden was laughing at him through his explanation - generously trumps explanation of how he was not actually Abraham Lincoln was one of his most lucid and factual trains of thought.

12 Likes

Man, I gotta get me some pillows and sheets from The Biden Collection!

7 Likes

Who a person thinks is the ‘better candidate’ depends a lot on their goals and where they would like the country to go. There are, unfortunately, many who feel they are not getting all of the benefits of society, like they think their grandparents did in some mythical past that never really existed, and blame other groups that they see who are now not getting suppressed and stomped on as much as they did in the past, and they blame those other groups for their present woes, and would do anything to see those other groups to get hurt, even if it means sabotaging their own best interests.

In other words, there are a lot of people out there who want to see the country burn and collapse into a dystopia. And for them, Trump is the perfect candidate, because they want to see the country destroyed.

10 Likes

“The Sleepy Joe Collection…because we all want to wake up from this nightmare,”

19 Likes

On Dkos the consensus was that, after re-watching several times, it was “go ahead.” Sure sounded like “good” to me, though.

2 Likes

I got inspired enough to register and redirect a domain. Just to make clear that Trump’s latest Birther theory is that Joe’s http://www.NotFromScranton.com/

10 Likes

Just a reminder that whenever Rick Santorum is mentioned, the word santorum needs to be linked to http://spreadingsantorum.com/ (not technically nsfw - no photos - but you might not want that on your screen anyway.)

I believe it is in all major style guides.

ETA: @anon61833566 @KathyPartdeux too!

13 Likes

I was on fire tonight with my predictions. My SO had to drink when my predictions about Trump’s responses came true.

::Trump is asked about racial issues::

Me: “Ooh ooh! Trump is going to say no one has ever done more for black people since Lincoln and he’s going to mention the black unemployment rate!”

30 seconds later…

SO: ::drinks::

Remember to replenish your fluids!

14 Likes

Because Trump would respond:
“I didn’t.”

You also can’t argue facts with a liar.

11 Likes

Wait for it.

22 Likes

And windmills kill all of the birds. Don’t forget the birds!

6 Likes

Save Tippy Hedren?

8 Likes