Trump, 'Art of the Deal' President, 'grapples with rare bout of self-doubt' as Trumpcare implodes

Aww, wook at wittle Donnie, playing big-boy truck driver. “Honk, honk! I’m a tough trucker who’s gonna deliver deals! If they don’t take 'em, I’ll just have a meltdown and run them over!”

14 Likes

Love the new name. Very apropos.

11 Likes

Wiggling the steering wheel back and forth like a toddler in one of those shopping carts fitted out like a race-car.

“BEEP BEEP!”

6 Likes

Is that top one real? He looks like a little kid trying to shove a hard poopy into his Pull-Ups.

13 Likes

Over the years, Mr. Trump has proved to be a resilient operator, and even his most scathing critics do not rule out his ability to pull off some kind of a deal, even at a late hour.

I’m pretty sure there are tens of millions of people who severely doubt Trump’s ability to pull off anything.

Literature and pop psychology are littered with examples of people for whom nothing would ever be enough. Here’s a guy who became president of the united states and can’t get over the ego bruise of not winning by enough.

16 Likes

Trump sitting behind the wheel, pretending to drive a truck feels like a pretty apt analogy for the current state of our country.

22 Likes

That smell in the air - that’s the sweet scent of schadenfreude.

2 Likes

Well as long as they aren’t taking away my aromatherapy!

9 Likes

Time to buy ingredients!
http://whatever.scalzi.com/2006/09/26/how-to-make-a-schadenfreude-pie/

7 Likes

If the vote happens today and fails, what do you think the odds are that Trump alleges cheating or vote tampering? Is that too ridiculous for even Trump?

10 Likes

I hope all the people who have mocked Putin’s photo-ops are suitably embarrassed, because none of them compare with George Bush’s Mission Accomplished, his fake Thanksgiving turkey, or almost every public appearance Trump has ever done. Or Boris Johnson’s zipwire incident. And I am not saying I approve of what Putin’s are like.

But he found the horn button, which is very appropriate. Lots of noise while going nowhere.

Even himself, these days.

11 Likes

22 Likes

I think of Trump making his own “vroom vroom” noises.
This is the man who ended his recent Time interview by saying, “I’m president, and you’re not. You know.” He’s an empty pit that can never be filled.

Better dressed too.

Wasn’t there some storyline where the Futurama Nixon was plotting to destroy the US? So… just like Trump, really, but more competent.

The fact that he keeps going on about how great he is at making deals makes me think he’s actually terrible at it. As far as I can tell, his only area of competency, the only thing I’d expect him to be able to do, is extract money from failing projects.

Behaving like a child, going nowhere, only looking like he’s steering things (and only then, if you’re not paying attention). Yeah, the Trump presidency in the nutshell.

Nothing is too ridiculous for Trump. I’d expect him to blame Obama and the media, though. (And not go into details about how that’s supposed to make sense, either.)

13 Likes

The spate of interviews for articles where the reporter is so stunned by Trump that they feel compelled to post the entire interview as a whole separate article because, “Wow, that just happened. People need to see how crazy he is.” is such a bizarre phenomenon to me. I read the whole Time interview and, I feel completely unsettled. He is so self-centered, so insensitive, it’s hard to cope with knowing he is in charge of the country.

20 Likes

And is he even good at that or has he just hired people to do that for him in the past?

I think his real area of competency is being emotionally unaffected by the harm he does to other people. I think it’s a rare person who can genuinely not care at all about other people, and that for some reason our society is organized to reward people with that “skill”.

9 Likes

Who would have thought that electing a sociopathic narcissistic bully with no morals or ethics and the mind of a child would go so badly?

18 Likes

Everything that Trump says leaves me deeply unsettled. I’ve recently developed an eye spasm that won’t go away. I couldn’t figure out the cause, nothing seemed to fit, until I realized that it started each day when I read the latest Trump news and stress was a cause.

I assume he hires people for that, but even being able to hire someone capable of doing the job is a rare showing of competency on Trump’s part.
Is being a psychopath a skill?

12 Likes

Would you ballpark it at, ooohhh I don’t know, 1%? :wink:

9 Likes

Don’t you think this comment was a bit over the top?

11 Likes

11 Likes