Trump, 'Art of the Deal' President, 'grapples with rare bout of self-doubt' as Trumpcare implodes

Why is he even involving Congress? It’s March already! This is taking too long!!

He could have simply written an executive order in his first week!

4 Likes

Everyone gets healthcare. Except Muslims.

Signed,

Donny

8 Likes

Balmer’s exuding enthusiasm from every pore in his body.

2 Likes

That’s probably as much thought as he gave the issue.

“Roy Cohn always handled the fine print. I’m more of an ideas guy.”

4 Likes

Fake Votes from a Fake Congress

3 Likes

So much winning!

14 Likes

Press conference at 4pm, watch live here:

5 Likes

Soooo, now he’s going to nuke Pyongyang or something, right?

15 Likes

Well, Trump, despite his incredibly low favourability, is still viewed more favourably than Ryan, but the fact that it’s even close is insane.

If you contrast with 2009, Pelosi had about 41% favourable, which is higher than Ryan’s 36.5%. But Obama at that time had a favourable of about 61% compared to Trump’s 37%.

So Ryan appears to be unpopular as a house leader, but Trump is radically, dramatically unpopular as a president only two months into his first term. He’s at lows Obama barely ever approached. Trump is heading towards post-Katrina Bush lows without even having a disaster to test his mettle.

If I were Ryan I wouldn’t be very afraid of Trump. Then again, if I were Ryan then Ryan wouldn’t be such a heartless moron, so who knows what else would be different.

9 Likes

Last year I would have told you that the house of representatives had put government in a gridlock because they hated Obama. This year I’m looking at congress and thinking, “No, they are just actually too dysfunctional to do anything.”

On the other hand, maybe gridlock started because of opposition to Obama, but six years of aiming for nothing but paralysis is very hard to shake off.

11 Likes

Enjoy the taste of crow and ashes. Now we’ll see what garbage Trump can leak on the House and how soon the House can get a Special Prosecutor up in Trump’s treason.

2 Likes

New York Times reports Trump feeling “self-doubt”. In response, atomic scientists push Doomsday clock ahead one full minute.

13 Likes

Since Apricot Asshole has been behaving as if being US president is a gig on ‘The Apprentice’, does he understand that he’s just been fired?

3 Likes

I hope that’s true. This clusterf*ck has made me feel better, but I still can’t shake the fear that there are a lot of things they can royally screw up, still. Plus, just the fact that Trump is president puts me at risk for a rage stroke. The man deserves to be broke and scorned. (Jail would be nice, though - I can hold out a vain hope that it’s in his future to keep me going.)

Ryan is, indeed, blaming the “growing pains” of “moving from an opposition party to a governing party.” But really, how long do they need to have control of the House before they can actually work together? That does seem more like deep dysfunction than “growing pains” from a transition.

5 Likes

I’m going to post these again, because keeping the wins happening depends on US getting involved.

Excellent site for getting contact information on your Members of Congress:

And this is the game plan for tripping up the Republicans and winning back Congress:

And here is our muse, courtesy Patrick Farley of wokegiant.com:

9 Likes

I was thinking a Trump’s toilet woes photoshop

1 Like

There is a bit of light at the end of the tunnel - it is failing because too many reps say it isn’t awful enough, and too many know they won’t have jobs if the freedom caucus gets its way.

1 Like

You’ve nailed the diagnosis but I’m not sure that society “rewarded” him for that, but rather tolerated it because of his money and birth station…if he hadn’t been born rich and inherited $100 million, his “emotionally unaffected” shtick wouldn’t work nearly as well for him, if at all. He’d be a goon that could be hired to “take care of” problems maybe, not much more. People are naturally afraid of those types, and tend to avoid and/or placate them, to avoid being the focus of the bad treatment themselves…like all the Republicans during the primaries.

1 Like

That’s been going around more than you might think. I haven’t gotten a twitch, but I’ve had no appetite and chronic nausea (among other symptoms) since shortly after the election. Lately I’ve been puking blood, no joke.

4 Likes

That sounds like something worth going to the doctor for…

7 Likes