Trump begs Mexico president: 'I have to have Mexico pay for the wall – I have to'

Every day I figure it can’t will get worse.

9 Likes

The Art of the Deal: whine and beg.

Funny – I learned early on that the polite reply is, “I understand that this is your problem. Alas, it is your problem, not my problem.”

14 Likes

I guess government can be like a business. When you ask another business to give you money for nothing of value - they laugh at you.

23 Likes

Not really. I’m just trying to avoid the Fox News/Pbama syndrome of hating someone so much that I’ll believe anything negative about him.

I hate the guy for sure I don’t want to lose my critical reasoning faculties just so I can have my very legitimate dislike validated or I can somehow hate him .0000000000000085% more.

That being said if true this is AMAZING.

12 Likes

My office elevator corporate suite/wall street propaganda machine chose a headline that tried it’s level best to make this sound like a pro-Trump event. According to them, Trump Threatened to cut off all communication, rather than how the entire rest of the internet is reporting this…

4 Likes

The Art of the Deal: Cry or whine, and if that fails, beg.

EDIT: posted this before reading the thread. Obviously a lot of similar snark going on here.

4 Likes

These leaked calls (both Mexico and Australia) are truly pathetic. They both amount to:
"I made some impossible promises on the campaign trail - now reality is showing me to be a liar, so I need you to damage your political career backing me up so I can delay the public finding out how much I lied to them. I don’t have anything to offer you, but you have to do it- you have to! Whaaa!"
He is such a whiny baby. For all his talk of getting tough and making deals, it’s obvious those are real weak points for him.

26 Likes

Nothing, if we just keep talking about it and not actually build it.

10 Likes

That was supposed to be about financial leverage – as in, borrow right up until the banks slam the door in your face. It’s the basis of Trump’s fortune, and worked wonderfully as long as Daddy was paying off his bad debts.

7 Likes

don’t forget bully, and threaten to hold your breath

6 Likes

Not quite – they’re already tearing up wildlife refuges and wilderness regions.

5 Likes

Is that the sarcasm again?

You know a leader is a complete piece of crap when experienced staff members and analysts feel its their patriotic, ethical and professional duty to leak like an arterial wound.

18 Likes

“On the wall, you and I both have a political problem,” Trump said. “My people stand up and say, ‘Mexico will pay for the wall,’ and your people probably say something in a similar but slightly different language.”

The slightly different language here being the Spanish phrase for “Fuck You”

16 Likes

There must be clones made of this stupid fuck…How else can you explain how one single person can fuck up so much?

7 Likes

Curious that the Russian call(s) were not released.

Putin: You up?

6 Likes

Roger that!

3 Likes

Every day more evidence that Trump has no idea how government works (or what diplomacy is), and that in his own business dealings he has been coasting on image and publicity with no other ideas besides “we’ll make this happen. . . somehow.”

9 Likes

Or the Mexican press corps were on conference call with their mic muted

1 Like

He already got “Lock Her Up” to quietly (?) go away by saying, “That played well, but never mind that now,” without managing to alienate all his support. Seems to me the same thing would work here – aren’t there already apologists saying, “it’s a metaphorical wall”, or “it’s just the same as Obama’s old policy about a fence” ? Perhaps he already figured that out over the last six months.

1 Like