Trump begs Mexico president: 'I have to have Mexico pay for the wall – I have to'

I just don’t know

5 Likes

Whose job is it going to be to explain the word “metaphor” to Trump?

“Metaphor? Metaphor? Met before? Met before what? Where are my special pills, my head hurts.”

5 Likes

“Yeah, I met a four but I married a 9”

9 Likes

Good guess. There are already spokespersons out trying to spin the wall idea as a metaphorical one that is made largely of increased border security. But of course no one aside from the Trump cultists is buying it.

1 Like

The USSR didn;t build the Wall, East Germany did.

3 Likes

Who is? For what?

Many people see East Germany as a USSR puppet, more or less.

1 Like

Yup. He’s a real special snowflake. I hope his feelings got badly hurt.

You also know that the “leader” - isn’t.

Doesn’t really work as a comparison since people were trying to leave E. Germany not enter it.
Better comparison, China didn’t try to get the barbarians to pay for the wall. They built a big, beautiful wall, so great it can be seen from SPACE! Will Trump’s wall be visible from space? Important question to ask the bidders.

2 Likes

But in both cases one side wanted the wall and the other didn’t, so it would be stupid for the ones who wanted the thing built to expect the other side to pay for it.

2 Likes

Wasn’t it just yesterday that Trump was whining about how the executive branch should handle diplomacy?

Remember how Trump said that the stories about the shit show of a call with the Australian PM was #fakenews?

2 Likes

Leaked Trump transcripts show his incoherent, ill-informed narcissism

7 Likes

He seems genuinely unaware that Mexico and Australia are U.S. allies and Russia is not.

14 Likes

Maybe it’s just me, but I think 45 is well over half-way to fulfilling that “Death to America” promise. I mean… every appointee seems hand-picked to completely destroy the agency they’re in charge of, Putin is pulling the strings, we’ve alienated most of our allies, real news is “fake”, propaganda is “real”, and white supremacist Nazis are now normalized. Will we not have a devastating Civil War in the next 10 years?

3 Likes

I’ve been reading these transcripts over lunch and I just can’t even. When Trump makes fucking Turnbull look like a bleeding heart you know you’re in for some quality reading.

This one line in particular made me laugh out loud:

Trump

Okay, good. Can Australia give me a guarantee that if we have any problems – you know that is what they said about the Boston bombers. They said they were wonderful young men.

Turnbull

They were Russians. They were not from any of these countries.

11 Likes

Usually rather more than less, but in this case the GDR was the driving force for a change. A very good account of this is Harrison’s book:

2 Likes

A big wall that didn’t work as intended because they didn’t pay the gatekeepers properly.

Also: possible to see from space as in “low Earth orbit”.
Impossible to see from a bit further in space as in “from the Moon”.

And it wasn’t going to be a problem, until he opened his mouth again.

2 Likes

Food for thought:

What if Trump released these call transcripts on his own?

1 Like