Trump begs Mexico president: 'I have to have Mexico pay for the wall – I have to'

Grump took a dump on his own party over the Russia sanctions claiming he was a much better deal maker. In both of these calls, he walked away with nothing.

4 Likes
10 Likes

If Nieto isn’t supposed to talk to the press, can he Tweet his comments instead?

2 Likes

The rule where I live is that each side can serve a fencing notice on the other for a standard picket fence. If you want anything beyond that you have to pay. If the fence is on your side of the boundary, then you pay the whole cost because its your fence now.

4 Likes

Certainly the current degree of political polarization reminds one of the antebellum period

4 Likes

Every news show this morning is wall-to-wall Trump at his West Virginia rally last night. If his popularity with simple minded country folk is waning, you sure wouldn’t know it from the stagecraft.

5 Likes

Yes there are http://boingboing.net/2017/08/03/florida-congressman-trump.html

Well, the pockets are always there if you know where to look for them

6 Likes

The master negotiator is a begging pussy. I knew it.

1 Like

Sydnee McElroy has mentioned that she is happy with her patients when she “just” has to convince people to not give Mountain Dew to infants.

3 Likes

I’m a little insulted that you thought you had to hotlink a member of the McElroy tribe for me :wink: (JK, I know it’s for the uninitiated, and is actually a public service announcement…)

Just finished listening to the TAZ Finale Part II this morning…Story and Song indeed!

3 Likes

I have not finished TAZ’s season 1 story yet, but but will soon. The whole show is like my introduction in the pen and paper games - start with D&D, find out there are problems in D&D and other games exist, lean too hard into other games being superior, find out there are major problems with any game, and then circle back around to playing D&D again for one reason or another. Right now they are in the middle of stage three of that list.

3 Likes

3 Likes

But with some treaties it may literally be

2 Likes

6 Likes

Every time I hear about Trump’s dropping approval rating I’m forced to contemplate “who exactly ARE these people who were fine with everything Trump said or did until yesterday??”

3 Likes

IMG_0093

Majority of the GOP base “strongly support”, about 90% total support. Expect the blue line to skyrocket as soon as he starts bombing brown people somewhere.

2 Likes

I’d also think that DJT could introduce you to other gang leaders and celebrated American singers, too.
Not sure how he stands on female impersonators.

Edit:
Come to think about it; the negotiating strategy of the current British administration in the Brexit talks with the EU strongly remind me of the Vercotti brothers trying to bargain with the Colonel.

On the same call, he bragged to the President of Mexico that he overwhelmingly won New Hampshire because it’s a “drug-infested den”.

Besides being a really terrible thing to ‘brag’ about, this isn’t going down well among New Hampshire voters.

2 Likes

In the small-town corn-farming midwest where my family lives, every building proudly displays Trump/Pence signs; he’s still very popular here (though not with anyone in my immediate or extended family, who are apoplectic about the guy). The general feeling seems to be that as The World’s Best Businessman, he could do a better job running the country than a shady black dude if the press would stop giving him such a hard time, boo hoo. At a farm market yesterday, the local Democrats were out with a small table and a banner that just said “The Resistance”.

5 Likes