Trump behaves in a disrespectful manner during National Anthem, conservatives ignore it

What? NEVER! I am shocked! He’s the bestest, mostest patriotic president ever in the history of presidents! No one is more respectful than him! FAKE NEWS! /s

ds9-quark-faint

So that they can leak, they can later claim credit, and say they were “defending democracy”? So they can skate out if this all goes tits up?

They all have the “out for themselves” mindset. They are there, because they see it as advantageous to themselves right now, and will deny all knowledge or claim they were always secretly part of the “resistance” if things go bad.

18 Likes

Yeah, there are. What do you think for-profit healthcare insurance companies are? They decline coverage for all kind of treatment options, sometimes without reviewing the file.

12 Likes

40 Likes

Obviously intentionally take a knee to make a point is being disrepectful, but being unable to stand still for a minute because you get bored is presidential! /s

18 Likes

A person that can’t appreciate a good singing voice scares me. A person that can’t appreciate a good singing voice and has the nuke launch codes makes me want to go to some serious extremes.

3 Likes

Because they’d have to confiscate every damn camera on the planet, just to be on the safe side.

4 Likes

I suspect they don’t, but some small percentage make it through anyway, which means he probably does embarassing shit at least 10x more often than we have evidence of.

1 Like

We’ve been pointing out Trump and the GOP’s hypocrisy since 2015 (at least), and I have a feeling we’ll be pointing it out right on through 2024 at this rate. It doesn’t move the needle.

2 Likes

I doubt anyone is allowed in his bathroom, except deportable cleaning staff.

“If it’s good for Trump, it’s good for the country.”

3 Likes

He acts like a 4 year old who loves being the center of attention but doesn’t understand why everyone is just standing still, so he tries multiple things to get everyone to acknowledge him again. This is not normal adult behavior. This is NOT someone who should be in charge of our military and our nuclear arsenal. This is someone who needs a brain scan and a neurological evaluation. And we need to know the results - due to his position and power this cannot be deemed a “private matter.”

15 Likes

It would be intriguing for a brave public figure to memorize and duplicate Trump’s movements throughout this clip and duplicate them during some other performance of the national anthem and see what the public/political reaction is. They could defend themselves by saying they thought the behavior was appropriate as they had seen Trump do just such a thing.

6 Likes

Hell, most of the repubs in the senate did the same damn things during the “trial”. No respect for any of them.

The only thing authentic about the right, here in the good old USA & beyond, is their compulsion to authoritarian control.

All else is a ruse - be it love of family, love of country or love of money (regarding the latter, consider right’s propensity to vote against their own best interests in service of, for one example, racism).

6 Likes

24 Likes

Rules and Standards: For others
The GOP: #HypocrisyIsOurBrand

2 Likes

I wonder how much of this was due to Donnie forgetting what he was supposed to do (according to him) or not being able to control his impulses, and how much was just him thinking, “I don’t even have to pretend anymore” due to the results of the impeachment process. Because I really feel like the Republicans have given him the green light to do whatever he wants and Trump doesn’t feel constrained anymore - in any respect.

They don’t have much choice in the matter, given that Trump spends so much of his time in the public areas of his clubs.

Given all the Republicans making literally opposite arguments now as they were making during the Clinton impeachment, we’ve already got the disproof of that one. They can claim all they want it’s because their positions evolved (what a coincidence!), but given all the goalpost shifting just during the Trump administration and reversing of positions on presidential power since Obama, that’s obviously not it. It clearly wouldn’t bother them at all to switch positions again as soon as there was a Democrat in power.

9 Likes

…and yet if a Democrat wears the wrong color suit or asks for the wrong mustard he’s an embarrassment or un-American.

4 Likes

But remember: they fired everyone who had worked at the White House, except for a handful of people. Almost everyone in the building is there only because they have sworn allegiance to Trump, and Trump alone.

I sometimes wonder if there’s a Scientology-like intro session where they get damaging information about everyone which can be used for blackmail going forward.

10 Likes

21st Century Republicanism, in plain English:

1. Does it make Democrats and other undesirables unhappy? Then it’s okay.
    The more unhappy they are, the more okay it is.

2. Do Democrats and other undesirables have no reaction / not care? Then check with FOX News for appropriate talking points.

3. Does it make Democrats and other undesirables happy? Then it’s not okay and must be stopped.
    The more happy they are, the less okay it is.

5 Likes

he’s just a child, and he was all excited about the big game, you can’t expect him to sit still, behave like an adult…

5 Likes