Trump brags of new ‘super duper missile’

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/16/trump-brags-of-new-super-du.html

11 Likes

Super Duper Boom!!

Fucker.

26 Likes

FWIW Xeni I love the trademark 'impeached and manifestly unfit" prefix, always a valuable reminder, in some rosy future that’s what history books will say too.

37 Likes
9 Likes

No, Xeni. Lasers go Pew Pew. Missiles go whoosh.

This is why we need really stable geniuses in charge of things.

33 Likes

“super duper?”
Neato! Sounds okey dokey to me!

11 Likes

8 Likes

I wonder how many Americans we could insure for the cost of one hypersonic missile prototype?

ETA- assuming the numbers I pulled from some quick googling are in any way accurate:

• cost of 1 hypersonic missile ~ $600,000,000.00
  • cost of 1 year of platinum tier PPO insurance for a 21-year-old American male (it’s more if you’re a woman, note: hold rage for a different discussion)- $8,787.00
  • number of insured people for the cost of one missile prototype - 68,282

Draw what conclusions you will.

31 Likes

Tonight the super duper missiles gonna find you
Shining like the sun
I’ll be having fun
Feeling like a number one*

Tonight the super duper beams are gonna blind you
But I won’t feel blue (pew pew, pew pew)
Like I never do (pew pew, pew pew)
'Cause I don’t give a fuck for you.

*(Not a Russian hooker reference. Honest.)

24 Likes

NEW IMPROVED SUPER DUPER MISSILE

Kill more people, FASTER!

Lots of people are saying how quickly it wipes out whole cities. Unbelievable. So quick.

21 Likes

Repo Man - everybody dead

[Ordinary, everyday people] running into death just like soldiers run into bullets … it’s a beautiful thing to see.
    (approximately) ~ Donald John Trump

19 Likes

Yeah…
No. It really isn’t, is it?
Unless you’re some kind of sick fuck. (Him, not you, obviously.)

13 Likes

Hey look over there! Faster than a speeding Covid. Combining the latest advances in smoke and mirrors with high tech diversionary overload, I crafted this little beauty with my own tiny hands - just when everyone was calling me a nogood asleep-at-the-wheel clown. Who’s crazy now?

10 Likes

No. Not beautiful at all. @docosc had the best response to that soundbite:

19 Likes

17 times faster, 5 times faster kind of fits in with hypersonic missiles as compared with high-subsonic cruise missiles.

However and that aside, Trump’s affect struck me as different – more subdued, even tired than is typical. Look at his eyes as he talks about the superduper missile.

3 Likes

I call it the Super Duper Missile

Odd…Stormy Daniels called it a mushroom.

29 Likes

Should someone get El Presidente some action figures to bash together in front of the camera; so we can have a super-duper missile and kung-fu grip?

10 Likes

The Super Duper Missile!!

Now equipped with extra Duping power at no charge!! (massive R & D costs not included)

Dupe* anyone within the contiguous 48 states with this revolutionary new Weapon of Mass Distraction!!

Hurry order yours today!!

• product does not contain any actual duping, results may vary
12 Likes

ISWYDT

1 Like

I found a secret video of the first test flight of the new “Super Duper Missile”, but they haven’t perfected the Illudium Q32 Space modulator yet.

12 Likes