Trump calls for nuclear rearmament

Exactly. Like I have said before, there are so many Republicans running around with hard-ons right now it’s getting shady.

I wouldn’t count on impeachment anytime soon.

5 Likes

Is it getting colder here already?

Can you USA bunch, like, revolt, please? Love, The World.

It’s incredible how little the public know about what China has been doing in the Pacific. Sub bases, everywhere. Everywhere.

The four horsemen of the apocalypse are gladly trotting around upon their steeds. Fuck.

17 Likes

Huh? Seems orthogonal to what I actually said.

Given that Obama – Nobel peace prize winner, but not a candidate in the last election, actually, so that part of your comment it a bit confusing – is massively spending to build up the arsenal, it’s not too surprising that Trump, “Homicidal maniac” would be a fan of the bomb too.

Shouldn’t be too hard of a point to grasp.

Edit: and speaking of candidates, there were real differences. Bernie Sander came down strongly in favor of disamament, but I guess not many Dems found that compelling.

1 Like

That the same accusations were leveled against Reagan, yet here we all are?

I’m sure pulling the cat’s tail a second time will not cause any problems! After all, pulling it that first time, the cat just growled at me.

10 Likes

Time to start dusting off all those Cold War 80’s songs…

9 Likes
6 Likes

Maybe Elon Musk can take the role of Ozymandias…

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/4/40/Watchmen_Vol_1_12.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160822142616

3 Likes

23 Likes

Largely because the Soviet Union was in crisis behind the scenes and they eventually got a level headed premier part way through Reagan’s term. Some places in the third world did not fare nearly as well, however, during the bellicose 80s. the Kirkpatrick doctrine was a hell of a thing.

20 Likes

I think my point might be that, while any agitation from the status quo in this area of course makes me nervous, we lived with this anxiety for decades and survived, and the moments where we came closest weren’t because of loose cannon presidents, it was usually some sort of technical error that was resolved before it got to the level of president.

If anything positive can come from this, maybe at least if there is a public debate about this it will alert an apathetic public to the fact that the status quo isn’t what they think. Despite the end of the Soviet Union, all the major powers still have too many nukes pointed at each other.

3 Likes

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

23 Likes

She’s never been a ‘warmonger’, despite that ridiculous name being attached to her early on. Meanwhile Trump has been bragging about how awesome nukes are since day one, so yeah. The bizarro-world of this election still baffles me.

24 Likes

In other Trump has no idea what he’s talking about news…

10 Likes

We’re lucky humanity survived Reagan’s incompetent blundering. While it’s hard to imagine, we’ve somehow selected a leader even less capable of responsible governance than Reagan. Here we mostly are (save those who needlessly died around the globe from Reagan’s irresponsibility). Now we’re putting ourselves in even greater harm’s way. We learned nothing.

19 Likes

Someone found an old article from 1987 in which Trump explicitly talks about teaming up with Russia to increase nuclear arsenals against the rest of the world.

16 Likes

Also, here’s a comparison of Trump’s tweet versus Putin’s statement from yesterday about nuclear weapons. Gosh, they sound similar.

10 Likes

Turns out it takes a clueless idiot to finally take on the military-industrial complex.

3 Likes
6 Likes

While it makes a nice feel-good story to imagine a self-centered, irresponsible incompetent will face major challenges and deal with them competently since it’s a standard Hollywood fantasy, in reality it’s a fantasy that never works out.

5 Likes