Trump calls for nuclear rearmament

Could we find a more competent lookalike?

(could we find a less competent one?)

9 Likes

Unfortunately, yes.

5 Likes

Is that to be read as
orange-ass puppet
or
orange ass-puppet
?

5 Likes

Pet conspiracy theory: war with Iran by 2019.

Evidence:

• Secretary of Defense Candidate James Matthis, mostly known for a hard-line anti-Iran stance
  • Secretary of Energy Candidate Rick Perry, who will have control over the nuclear weapons stockpile, and who is a critic of the Iran deal
  • Shock Doctrine. Bush won in 2004 thanks to being at war. R’s will look to repeat the strategy.
  • Alliance with Israel and Saudi Arabia (the latter of which is fighting a proxy war in Kuwait with Iran right now, IIRC), both of which would like to see Iran out of the picture.

This feeds into that conspiracy quite nicely, indeed.

Call your friends in the middle east and tell them to get the hell out before the borders close.

7 Likes

wake me up when he’s dead

7 Likes

2019? You’re an optimist.

Depending on how close John Bolton is to the administration (is he still being considered as deputy SoS?), I think 2017 is more likely.

6 Likes

Or a renowned grifter to publicly conduct pump-n-dump scams.

2 Likes

I’m not sure that there has ever been a cannon quite this loose who had access to WMDs with global reach.

6 Likes

Well, if they blow their load too early, it’ll have a chance to come around and bite them on the ass by the 2020 elections. Depends on how many of them are True Believers and how many of them are Cynics, I guess.

1 Like

I agree with almost all that you say, but I have to take exception to the term “Kirkpatrick doctrine.” That almost implicitly grants a certain amount of legitimacy to it, at least the legitimacy needed for something to be called a “doctrine.”

I prefer the term “Kirkpatrick Insanity.”

2 Likes

Why not both? They’re both accurate.

5 Likes

Too slow. 2017.

3 Likes

My working theory is that Trump is the Great Filter.

13 Likes

Indirectly, yes.

I’ve seen more than one scientist recently arguing that climate change explains the Fermi paradox.

7 Likes

Every day some new Trump-flavored-turd appears in the news that makes me feel physically ill.

The mass of GOP voters should have realized that if neo-Nazis and Klansmen were excited about their candidate then there’s probably something seriously wrong with him.

I imagine if there’s a nuclear war Republicans will be hiding in their fallout shelters and blaming Obama.

8 Likes

“Fifty-five minutes past eleven.”

And possibly also:

2 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

Trump calls for nuclear rearmament

What a fuckwit.

11 Likes

It’s almost like there is this entire other “team” that nearly shut the country down over budget discussions… I don’t know a few times, and Obama had to split the difference where he was capable of splitting it. I also think that Obama has consistently been extremely cautious in that regard because he cares about his legacy too much.

6 Likes