Trump caves to Pelosi, agrees to delay State of the Union address

I’m sure he can book some space at Chuck E Cheese.

3 Likes

On the back acreage of my place I’ve got a nasty festering little sinkhole that never drain, always stinks and until your “great” suggestion today has always been unnamed. Forevermore I shall refer to it as the trumphole. Thank you for giving me this dubious opportunity.

14 Likes

What would he say if he was allowed to deliver the address anyway?

“My fellow Americans, the state of our union is… closed. Please stay tuned.”

5 Likes

3 Likes

That is the worst barbershop quartet I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes

Creatively named puddles have gotten people through some hairy political times, man.

5 Likes

note that since this first month of shutdown costs more than the request for the tiny fraction of useless fence he wants, he could also take the request that reopening the government a month sooner would SAVE THAT AMOUNT

my gawd this isn’t going to end

hurry the f-up Mueller

1 Like

When the actual state of the union is garbage and your venue is the home of your opposition, you don’t go. I’m sad he didn’t push through to give it. Having the Democrats able to give a Response to the State of the Union address afterwards would have been priceless.

But I bet he did add all that random capitalization. Or has this shutdown become so “great” it is now a proper noun?

2 Likes

That could be called a “Hostage-taker’s discount”.

Rustic signs up around the place and two times a day guided tours for 5 bucks a piece of it doesn’t count.

3 Likes

My wife and I have started referring to them as “air bunnies”.

Sometimes “river vans” get used, depending on context.

5 Likes

You don’t think they will let him loose in the general population, do you? Can we get video?

No ponds here and the ones that form drain pretty quickly, I do have a couple of pits where rattlesnakes breed nearby. Perhaps I should call them “Individual 1 Towers” or just “Trump-Pits.” Might lower the property value for the snakes though.

4 Likes

My prediction:

“The Republican party accomplished so much this year. Biggest tax break in history, we brought Syria and China to their knees, kept the invading caravan from destroying our southern border, fought the evil Democrats who closed the government, and of course the Mueller investigation has been proven a false witch hunt every day…” (this last part about the Mueller investigation repeated more times than you’d think).

6 Likes

That is a deep cut. Respect!

Zonker for President, 2020!

6 Likes

I especially like the bit about ‘imprisoned’.

My vote would be for Ivanka to be confined for - oooh ten to twenty.

I’m sure Mr Skinner would be willing to take a turn stateside.

1 Like

Allow me to make a suggestion:

8 Likes

It would also have required Trump to have any whiff of ability to actually be confrontational in person. Like every bully who talks a big game and then runs home crying the second someone throws a punch, he’s completely shit at it. He always gets someone else to tell his staff they’re fired, and his best comeback to direct face-to-face accusations is always a less-literate version of “no, you!”

5 Likes

I’ve been hoping for a slip of the tongue that leads to a bit of truth.

“My fellow Americans, the union is in a state…”

3 Likes