Trump CDC tells states to get ready for COVID-19 vaccine by November 1 — just two days before the election

There will be no legitimate Trump Covid vaccine.

Once he, and all his monsters, are gone from the government… then… we will have a safe and trustworthy vaccine against Covid.

Do what you think best, of course.

Meanwhile, don’t forget to follow Trump’s other advice this week:
Vote… “twice”. It’s the only “safe” thing to do.

TRUMP: “That’s the way it is!”

Good luck.

2 Likes

By that rationale, if he wins, no one should take the vaccine?

That is grossly irresponsible. You really should reconsider becoming a mouthpiece for anti-vaxxers. It will kill a great many people before this is over.

2 Likes

Please read above.

My family have received all available vaccines!

Everything! So, no anti-vaxer here!

Anti-Trump, though? Hell, yes!

Because we’re no fools. And he is an unprincipled and goddamned LIAR, who would just as soon kill you as look at you…

The man is DEATH personified!

And… again… we are not fools.

1 Like

I thought the theory was that the point of covid was to force people to get a vaccine so that Gates could inject them with nanobots.

It’s a good thing that conspiracy theorists don’t have to worry about consistency.

7 Likes

“if he wins”

If he wins… my family has already arranged to live with friends… in Canada.

3 Likes

This is true, but puts me in a really bad place if they do rush something out this year. Without reliable data, I cannot in good conscience vouch for any vaccine. After decades on the front lines of the vaccine wars, I find myself thinking the same thoughts that I have ridiculed. I hate this timeline so much.

BTW, I agree it is extraordinarily unlikely to be “poison” so much as just ineffective or create insufficiently durable immunity. But that plays into the storyline of “vaccines don’t work” and I hate that a lot.

19 Likes

As a Trek fan, I can’t stop thinking about the episode “Conundrum,” where the doctor tries a treatment on a patient who’s playing a role. This administration is creating a situation where we might actually need crisis actors. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Would anybody board an airplane designed and built by a trump company in under 3 months?

14 Likes

Trump has never been about actually delivering what was promised (buildings, steaks, health care, a wall, university education, safety from enemies, re-opened coal mines, re-opened factories, marital fidelity, parenting, presidential pivot, etc) When the bill comes due and he doesn’t deliver, he’ll either make noise, or commit a minor crime, or rape an underage bald eagle in the Rose Garden to make so much media buzz that the news gets distracted, and his followers love the bluster, not the reality.

9 Likes

I agree with you. However there remains the problem of there being no time for proper safety and effectiveness testing before the election.

–ex-FDA person

14 Likes

Surprisingly there are three gallon bottles of bleach in my office right now that no ones is sure of where they came from.

The thing is, we aren’t talking about a therapy or some sort of strange new synthetic molocule. It’s a vaccine.

When people talk about this, it seems like they are confusing it with the past horror stories of new medicines. Vaccines are a very different process.

I just don’t want things to progress rationally, get a decent vaccine at the first of the year, and have no one take it because it is a Trump vaccine. The QAnon and anti-vaxxer bullshit is going to be bad enough.

1 Like

I bet he’s already tossed around the idea of providing the vaccine at the polls with proof you voted Trump.

3 Likes

Ever heard of Anti-Vaxxers? They mostly live where the Outbreaks are worse in my country right now.

1 Like

Well, with the Moderna candidate vaccine (to my knowledge, mRNA vaccine is a totally novel strategy with no history to draw on,) we kind of are, but as I said, my concern is much less that the side effects will unleash a zombie horde, so much as that it just won’t work and that will cost us any credibility we might have. Add to this that my personal credibility may be tied to Trump-inspired asshats and you can see why I am tied in a knot over this.

18 Likes

I’m all for vaccinations, but I will wait a few months and see what happens before I get this vaccine.

10 Likes
13 Likes

I wonder if Andy Slavitt would take a vaccine that 50% of the time renders you permanently immune to COVID-19. The other 50% of the time, it kills you. After all, half the time it’s 100% effective!

I wouldn’t play Russian Roulette with a gun with one bullet in six chambers, much less one with three bullets in six chambers.

Show your ballot to the nurse at the polling station, get a vaccine?[1]
[1] Offer only valid if your ballot shows a vote for Donald Trump.

9 Likes

Promising something and never following up is standard Trumpian method of operation. The press and people fall for this propaganda every time. Here’s a recent example:

"A deadline set by President Trump for moving forward with an executive order to lower drug prices passed at midnight on Tuesday (8/25/2020) without any action so far from the White House.

Trump held a highly-touted signing ceremony on July 24 for four executive orders aimed at lowering drug prices, a key issue for voters ahead of the election. But on the most consequential of the orders, to lower certain Medicare drug prices by tying prices to those paid in other countries, Trump delayed the order for one month, until Aug. 24, saying he wanted to give the pharmaceutical industry time to make a deal.

That deadline has now come and gone, without the announcement of any deal with drug companies, yet the White House has not moved forward with the order and is not saying if it will.

The White House declined to comment when asked about the path forward for the order on Tuesday."

Just reporting his promises and not holding him to them as well treating them as serious is just playing the game by Trumpy’s rules. You don’t need an opinion on whether you’d take that vaccination because it doesn’t exist and won’t exist. Stop giving Trump wins.

17 Likes

I’d agree with just about everything you’ve said if this was a normal situation in which normal testing and safeguards were in place and the people in charge cared about safety at least as much as they cared about political expediency. But you and I both know that’s not the case, and no reasonable person could doubt that if the Trump administration thought that it would benefit in the election, even if the long-term consequences for public health were negative, they’d push ahead.

Rushing a vaccine has enormous downside on a lot of levels, and this kind of stuff scares the hell out of me: https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019/04/dengue-vaccine-fiasco-leads-criminal-charges-researcher-philippines

11 Likes