Trump charged with 37 federal crimes

I’m watching Fox so you don’t have to but I’m about to switch over to the Star Trek channel.

Some legal expert was commenting on Trump’s Truth Social posts where he’s commenting about the indictment and the box photos.

The expert on Fox said this is why Trump can’t get competent lawyers.

21 Likes

“His lawyers quit yesterday and were immediately replaced.”

How long before Trump’s legal team consists of a beta ware law A.I. and Lionel Hutz?

19 Likes

nelson-simpsons

11 Likes

This just in: ChatGPT just announced that it’s leaving Trump’s legal team.

18 Likes
19 Likes

15 Likes
31 Likes

Shouldn’t Fox be down at the moment because of the writers’ strike?

12 Likes

They’re probably using scabs

18 Likes

The Clerks coincidence is just too much. I’m laughing my ass off over here.

11 Likes

Yep, it’s an established thing.

This is what Huma Abedin (onetime spouse of the erstwhile Anthony Weiner) was doing for a great number of years for Hillary Clinton. And how a Weiner/Abedin-owned laptop that the FBI was investigating due to Weiner ended up getting sucked into Hillary’s “but her emails” affair in those scant few weeks before the 2016 election.

8 Likes

I’m fairly certain this is one of the reasons Nauta (Trump’s “body man”) is being indicted. It gives them someone who, according to this indictment, the government has strong evidence was right at the center of hiding documents from the feds and Trump’s own attorneys, and gives them 90 years of leverage. He’s a relatively young guy, it’s not unreasonable to expect they can flip him in exchange for pleading out on a single charge that puts him away for a few years. And his testimony would make it even harder for Trump to blame an underling (although the tapes already make that pretty difficult).

22 Likes

(also, as best I can tell Weiner and Abedin are… not formally divorced yet? Some news reports from about a year ago in which they’re quoted as saying the divorce was all-but final? They’ve been estranged a long while though.)

2 Likes

He had everything, except a conscience, oh, and class, manners, good taste, compassion, mercy, and hair.

7 Likes

The indictment says that Trump had boxes moved so that his attorneys wouldn’t find them when they looked. I don’t know whether that would still leave them technically liable (e.g. if they could have searched other places and didn’t) but it seems pretty clear that they were deceived and flipped once they found out.

13 Likes

That and his tendency to not pay his debts.

17 Likes

Hey look, someone is giving Trump free legal advice.

In case you don’t want to watch this idiot, he says the best legal minds in the country told him to stfu about the case.

6 Likes

Things are weird over there, from the sounds of it. It might seem to be some kind of identity crisis, but I think that they are trying to position themselves so that they can jump to “the winning side” whichever that may be. In the process, they’re coming off like someone having multiple personality disorder having an argument with themselves.

10 Likes

The timing of this makes me think they’re tougher in New York than Washington

1 Like

… basically the elite have a whole vocabulary for different kinds of servants :unamused:

This is one reason they continue to go through the motions of being rich and powerful after no longer being right in the head—there are people following them around 24/7 treating them like children

20 Likes