Trump chooses Reince Priebus as Chief of Staff, Steve Bannon as "Chief Strategist"

Yes, what a breath of fresh air!

4 Likes

The slow march backwards takes off at a run.

7 Likes

I’d rather not, but thanks for letting us know that. Do they give a reason why it’s fine for the head of GOP to be Chief of staff and why that isn’t just allowing the hated establishment free reign? I mean, what reasons (if any) do they give?

2 Likes

This is me choosing a commenter at near randomness to paraphrase:[quote=Not Me]Don’t give me (((media))) fan fiction, though Priebus is a boring but smart pick.[/quote]

2 Likes

He doesn’t even want to be in Washington.

https://www.naij.com/1046911-interesting-donald-trump-doesnt-want-live-full-time-white-house.html

I guess he doesn’t realize it isn’t a part-time job.

17 Likes

Just letting you know that the mouths-as-eyes is getting so annoyiong I’m not even reading those articles anymore…

1 Like

Remind me again… when does the “drain the swamp” part start? After his administration is fully staffed, right?

3 Likes

At least according to @emo_pinata, who is a braver soul than I to wade into the alt-right sites, they haven’t seen a problem thus far.

Cognitive dissonance, I guess? Or maybe their faith in Trump to still rid Washington of corruption? Or maybe they just define it as “getting rid of lib-tards” and that’s all the matters to them?

12 Likes

Silent majority is still silent.

4 Likes

I always thought his name sounded like it should be the name of the head of the church of satan in a “left behind” erotica slash fic novel.

9 Likes
16 Likes

Was that PiL? How appropriate.

Reince and repeat.

3 Likes

The Silent Majority didn’t even show up for the election. Who knows what the fuck they want.

5 Likes

I for one am shocked - shocked - that… it took him this long to fill all these roles with the establishment types he was supposedly running against. I’m surprised he didn’t do it before he won. Although I suppose he either didn’t ever think he was going to win (which seems likely) or he did, and it just wasn’t public knowledge.

I know, the fucking irony involved here is amazing. I always assumed that was the whole reason they like him in the first place.

I keep saying this, but honestly, he wouldn’t be believable even as a cartoon villain. He’s too over-the-top and too obvious.

8 Likes

Not really brave, I go because people at work sometimes talk about them and I, as the loony lefty (aka a mostly globalist with strong feelings about civil rights and social mobility), are scoffed at for dismissing them without being able to talk to them directly. I work in a mostly conservative field in Texas which just amplifies things. Only a couple are all about the alt-right and knowing their talking points is the only way to talk Fox News guys from just believing the Breitbart guys without additional evidence.

5 Likes

Beer urine pics?
Super nice brie?
Rub icier peens?
Creepie sin rub?

Waaaay too many.

9 Likes

Uhh, I think it was the silent majority that elected him.

1 Like

The silent minority, please. He lost the popular vote.

7 Likes

Whatever. The ones who mattered showed up for him.

3 Likes