Trump claims, without evidence, that he is "extremely happy"

Narcissists don’t have “feelings,” unless they have fake ones they use to manipulate you.

1 Like

Based on my unfortunately long-term experiences with narcissists, I respectfully disagree. They often seem to have very real feelings: anger, jealousy, hatred, self-pity…

2 Likes

I was going to saying someone in disagreement with that post, but I stopped myself.

It’s not that narcissists don’t have internal states. Of course they do. It’s that for most people who have to deal with narcissists, they are better off ignoring those internal states and dealing with behaviours only.

Imagine there was a part of town where Newtonian laws didn’t apply. Should you go study the alternative laws of physics that guide that place? Most of us would leave it at just learning what we had to actually do to get through the place. Or, if we could, just staying away

ETA: I’m thrilled with how well this metaphor worked out.

3 Likes

I almost didn’t comment, either, mainly because of the “armchair psychosis diagnosis” thing, but couldn’t help myself.
I like your metaphor. You can even extend it to people who are born in that part of town and don’t know the rest of town isn’t like that until they go on an overnight and their mind is blown and the world becomes one of light and reason and possibility :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.