Trump closes out campaign with inspiring, poignant message of hate for Jews

I’m very interested in mud racking. Mud raking sounds interesting too. Is that like zen gardening for swamp people?

Alas, I think this is what they meant:

5 Likes

Many of the comments here address your point about how this is actually antisemitic. No one said what you implied. Not a single person here.

17 Likes

Not just KKK/Stormfront. WikiLeaks have been pushing Soros/Rothschild conspiracy theories and other Jew baiting too.

7 Likes

Incidentally, Donald Trump’s likely nominee for Treasury is Steve Mnuchin,

After graduating from Yale, where he roomed with Sears Holdings Corp.‘s (SHLD) current CEO Edward Lampert, Mnuchin cut his teeth at Salomon Brothers. He joined Goldman Sachs, where his father was a partner, in 1985. According to a 2012 Bloomberg profile, Mnuchin was “front and center” when instruments such as collateralized debt obligations and credit default swaps were created. Fairly or unfairly, such exotic securities carry a whiff of the financial crisis, as does Goldman Sachs’ mortgage department, which Mnuchin headed for a spell before becoming chief information officer in 1999.

He left Goldman Sachs in 2002 to work at his college roommate’s hedge fund. The next year he started another fund with George Soros, and a year after that he formed Dune Capital with two other Goldman alums. This period marked the beginning of Mnuchin’s Hollywood career, with Dune Capital’s production wing funding dozens of films including Mad Max: Fury Road, American Sniper and Avatar.

Mnuchin’s biggest financial opportunity came with the collapse of the subprime mortgage bubble. “In 2008 the world was a scary place,” Mnuchin told Bloomberg in 2012. The market for mortgage-backed securities, with which he was intimately familiar, had collapsed, and no one seemed able to assign a value to assets such as IndyMac, a bank the FDIC had taken over. Mnuchin and a consortium of private equity investors he managed to woo over, including Soros, bought it on the cheap. The deal included a loss-sharing agreement with the FDIC. They renamed the bank OneWest and began foreclosing on borrowers, attracting criticism from campaigners who portrayed it as overly zealous and possibly driven by a profit incentive – born of the loss-sharing agreement – to foreclose rather than pursuing other options.

5 Likes

My favorite version of the :rolling_eyes: emoji:

6 Likes

Squee! Perfect!

2 Likes

Like Borat said, you need to be careful of their teeth and grab them by their money.

4 Likes

This is a gross libel. Nobody wanted to interfere with his access to the little water - other than that kill-joy Gorbachyev.
Have another one Boris - and while you’re here just sign this document - it’s just a formality, we really own this oil company anyway.

1 Like

Is it your actual position that there are no neo-Nazi/alt-right anti-Semitic Trump fans who he regularly interacts with on Twitter, quoting and reposting their content remarkably often, to whom he throws occasional bits of coded anti-Semitic content to in speeches/the debate, where this ad fits as a further example of Trump’s occasional anti-Semitic dog whistles?

Could it be the case that with Trump’s history of courting the anti-Semitic alt-right and frequently sending them dog whistles, that we should interpret his messages with a sense of context, rather than as pure, disinterested, contextless messages with no alternate/ulterior motives and meanings?

19 Likes

My wife worked a party that Yeltsin attended. She can verify the vodka part.

1 Like

The Republicans are not the ones actually supporting policies that could logically result in the actual destruction of Israel. The speech which is the subject of this article does not, as far as I can tell, have any anti-Jewish content. This article makes insinuations of antisemitism, but the source material does not confirm the accusation.
from the Times of Israel-
"Trump adviser and lawyer Jason Greenblatt, who is an Orthodox Jew, says, “I do not think Mr. Trump can be responsible for people who are anti-Semitic who support him.”Ari Fleischer, a former spokesman for President George W. Bush and current board member of the Republican Jewish Coalition, shares Greenblatt’s view.“The fact that the Black Panthers came out for Barack Obama doesn’t make Barack Obama a Black Panther sympathizer,” Fleischer tells the Huffington Post.“You cannot ascribe to a candidate the views of the worst radical fringes that may support them. … These arguments about how Donald Trump shouldn’t be supported because fringe radical groups have said good things about him — I reject entirely.”

2 Likes

You are not trying hard enough to empathise with the delicate, flower-like, easily-bruised sensibilities of the lynch mob.

10 Likes

[quote=“Enkita, post:89, topic:88859, full:true”]This is a gross libel. Nobody wanted to interfere with his access to the little water - other than that kill-joy Gorbachyev.
Have another one Boris - and while you’re here just sign this document - it’s just a formality, we really own this oil company anyway.
[/quote]

I’ve got a Russian mate who quite literally and specifically blames the creation of the modern Russian gangster-state on Boris getting spectacularly plastered and on one night handing over the entire Russian economy to his mob-boss drinking buddies.

6 Likes

Neither the Republicans nor Democrats are actually supporting policies that could logically result in the actual destruction of Israel, but that’s completely irrelevant to a discussion of anti-Semitism in Trump’s American political ad.

I can’t say I’m surprised you’re unwilling to consider it, and if you want to take the most generous reading possible and ignore the subtext that’s your choice. Still, the fact is that the Republicans have a presidential candidate who courts anti-Semites and has said many and various anti-Semitic things over the years. The ad targets Jewish figures that the anti-Semitic Trump supporters use as typical targets, and uses language and tropes that are common in alt-right anti-Semitic content. Trump’s got a long history of anti-Semitism (long before he was in politics he was a Hitler fan), so when he sends messages that can be read on multiple levels with anti-Semitic dogwhistles, I think it’d be naive not to consider that reading.

Here we have a message that has apparent anti-Semitic subtexts and dogwhistles delivered from a person who not only has decades of racism and anti-Semitism under his belt, but built a Twitter following by citing and promoting anti-Semitic alt-right extremists, and regularly courts this group. Maybe it’s all just a big coincidence, but I see no reason to be extra generous to Trump, given his long history of open and overt anti-Semitism.

Mr. Trump is deliberately courting anti-Semites, retweeting their content, throwing out anti-Semitic dogwhistles, and since he’s trying to get backing from anti-Semites, he should certainly be held responsible.

15 Likes

Endorsements from a group that hasn’t existed since the mid-80s? Is citing some egregious bullshit from a duckspeaking human pukefunnel supposed to be somehow dispositive?

10 Likes

Thanks for the link! I had no idea Trump’s daughter is Jewish.

A lot Some of the neo-cons are Christian Armageddonists, and support Israel specifically because they want Jerusalem to be destroyed by Jehovah and lots of Jews thrown into eternal fire… Those people are actually quite a bit scarier than Trump, in my opinion, but nobody calls them anti-semites because they pump tons of money into Zionism.

Edit: I don’t know if “a lot” is accurate, although it wouldn’t surprise me.

3 Likes

We have some of the Evangelicals with “We support Israel” signs not too far from us. I agree that their beliefs are scary.

2 Likes

Y’know…I do blame it on the juice. All of it.

2 Likes

I think that if Trump were an actual antisemite, someone would be able to come up with lots of unambiguously antisemitic remarks in his history. He does not seem to have the ability to filter his remarks, so it should be an easy task. I did web searches for “antisemitic remarks” by both candidates, and read the links. Not much there, at least for Trump. There are a bunch of quotes by him at the virtual Jewish library-
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/US-Israel/trumpcampaign.html

1 Like

You mean like:

?

14 Likes