Trump considering Joe Exotic pardon

By the way they got all the footage of Carol by telling her they were going to “make the Blackfish of Big Cat rescue”. That’s scumbaggery easily on par with Joe Exotic.

No doubt. There were many scumbags on display in that show, certainly including the filmmakers.

1 Like

They sure can tell a story tho!

The Netflix series isn’t exactly kind to anyone. Discounting the people actually working for these assholes.

On the other hand it also brushes past most of the worst accusations against all of these people.

Something like 80+% of the time when a person disappears it’s a member of their household responsible. Usually a spouse or significant other.

On the other hand Baskin is a woman with a long history of abusive relationships, and while the missing husband doesn’t seem to have been physically abusive. He was hardly a peach. And there’s a long, long, long history of smearing women in those circumstances as suspect, money grubbing or some how deserving of their situation.

That’s about as far as I’ve been able to get on that question.

Amen to that. It’s funny, I stumbled on another documentary about Joe Exotic, which quietly came and went in 2016, and is a really interesting comparison:

It makes even Joe boring though, at least compared to the Netflix special. Then I watch a minute of the Netflix special again and the filmmakers are absolutely brutal. I don’t know how they get people to remove their fake teeth for interviews, or take their shirts off to show their prison tattoos, or roll up their sleeve to show their stump every single time they’re interviewed, or to pose in front of dumpsters. Who the hell says “I’ve got an idea, could you sit in front of this trash pile for a long interview? That looks like a great spot”. But I admit, made for some absolutely riveting trash TV. Effin geniuses, in their special evil way.

Trump promised to “look into” pardoning Joe Exotic

Whew! From the headline it sounded like he was going to.

Trump does not “look into” things he is willing to do.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.