Trump 'Crazy': President described by fired FBI director Comey as 'outside realm of normal'

Articles on the White House really do need to find ways to start working in words like nameless, abnormal, hideous, indescribable, blasphemous, cyclopian, stygian, tenebrous…

8 Likes

“The Vice President appeared particularly squamous, gambrel, gibbous and eldritch during the press conference today.” :wink:

10 Likes

It’ll all be how he won the election - yes?

I prefer what someone suggested in another thread: Un-American. I think we’re at the point where it wouldn’t even be subjective to use that word. He and his supporters are actively trying to make the USA a fascist theocracy.

6 Likes

I honestly believe that Trump is becoming senile. It took a few years for it to become obvious in Reagan, but Donald is showing signs of dementia already. The confusion, the not sleeping, the waking up angry and lashing out every morning.

5 Likes

The decor has been in place for quite a while.

2 Likes

Not going to happen. If the GOP impeached Trump, they would lose his base, which is about 25% of the voters. How many Congressmen can lose 25% of their support and still get re-elected? Until he does something truly awful, they will ride out the four years. They might distance themselves from him in some way, but I seriously doubt they would impeach.

2 Likes

Whew. I was wondering where you were going with that.

But seriously, anyone with a half-working brain knew the evil pumpkin suffers from every socially disastrous disorder in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, not to mention a total lack of ethics. It’s too bad more people in power couldn’t have raised the warning flag sooner. But I guess party, power, money, prestige is more important to people with a public voice (republicans in particular) than the people, the constitution, the country, and the world.

5 Likes

You realise both of these are pronounced the same, right? :wink:

8 Likes

Unfortunately, he’d never do it. The president’s club means you never talk shit about other presidents.

1 Like

You say “Tomato, Tomahto”, I say “Tomato, Tomato”

4 Likes

The big campaign issue of 2018 isn’t going to be which politicians voted to repeal healthcare. It’s going to be which politicians are hogging all the best canned goods and fallout shelters.

14 Likes

Impeachments don’t matter anymore.

That precedent was set in 1998.

Not always true; Truman reamed Nixon, and said a some not-so-nice things about Ike. However, he also called upon Herbert Hoover - bad POTUS, but good with distribution, I guess - to help out with the Marshall Plan.

“Richard Nixon is a no good, lying bastard. He can lie out of both sides of his mouth at the same time, and if he ever caught himself telling the truth, he’d lie just to keep his hand in”.

"When contemplating General Eisenhower winning the Presidential election, Truman said, ‘He’ll sit here, and he’ll say, ‘Do this! Do that!’ And nothing will happen. Poor Ike—it won’t be a bit like the Army. He’ll find it very frustrating.’ "

This is overcoming partisan politics, IMNSHO: https://www.trumanlibrary.org/hoover/europe.htm

6 Likes

That was on a Democrat*; with the Republican POTUS facing impeachment, didn’t he resign instead of facing impeachment hearings? My point being, that the fear of either or both the hearings and the resulting impeachment may be enough to get a POTUS to resign, depending on who he is.

*A very popular Democrat, at that.

You could be right, but I read it the opposite way – not Dems vs. Repubs – but 70’s 's vs. new millennium.

Politicians knew shame in the 70’s. No longer.

Humans in general knew shame back then - I was there. And some of still know it now, believe it or not, politicians included.

2 Likes

You wouldn’t include the current POTUS in that, would you?

Apparently, not so much. My Indiana friends think he was a bungling manager. Whee.

3 Likes

No, I wouldn’t. But I also wouldn’t say that all politicians don’t know shame.

Come to think of it, he’s not really a politician; politics is known as the art of the possible, not of the deal. Or at least it used to be.

2 Likes