Trump declares classical architecture as D.C.'s official style, executive order requires federal buildings to be 'beautiful'

Red up to 1.2 m or so, then blinding? Yass. Family caryatid values! Alvolar stoa! Aloe and rosemary amain. Gaga Allovuhgan[sic] Apria Make. Sell all the bitcoin Megan Three Stallion gave you and buy Wakanda.gov Beauty Merit.

9 Likes

Why Sir! As a Milanese (ITA), I disapprove this message.
According to placesnamed.com, there are around forty towns in the US called Milan, in fifteen different states. Please spare expenses and postage simply by Fedexing the dame to anyone of them.

3 Likes

:frowning:

A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

6 Likes

I hope he enjoys his stay

5 Likes

How come we’ve never seen an article on Melania’s tennis coach? Looks like they built a nice little nest on the WH grounds for “lessons” with taxpayer dollars.

6 Likes

Vienna Actionism is more this administration’s style.

2 Likes

Of course some of those states pronounce it “mill-and.”

1 Like

Beautiful like this turd?

That kind of beautiful?
And Donnie essentially never tells the truth nor, based on the Trump properties I’m familiar with, knows about beautiful. (In addition to the buildings, as the cosmetic surgery done on him, Melania and Ivanka – shit work.)

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure he would have voted that down on the grounds that he likes people who don’t die.

16 Likes

Unnecessary - nobody ever said Nero played well, just that he played.

8 Likes

I can think of a couple of anatomical nicknames for that monstrosity.

6 Likes

I believe the fashion has always been for sleek modern outsides, and interiors done in a totally different style.

2 Likes

Georgian and Federal seem odd choices, not sure why the Trumpies are that fond of Beaux-Arts either

I guess it’s just “anything with columns”

8 Likes

Essentially trumps style is vomiting Versailles into a penthouse.

8 Likes

(note, if NASA adopts this architectural style run away very fast; but it is pretty cool looking)

7 Likes

It would fit in with the aesthetic ideals of early SF. Seriously, although it would be arguably a waste of money on non-mission focused tasks, I don’t see any reason why the VAB couldn’t have a pretty facade.

3 Likes

Kind of in a similar vibe but I think this style (from an in demand architectural rendering artist from the 20s) would fit both Trump and the Gernsback continuum.

It’s worth a look, I think the pdf is readily available online. Or just do an image search and you’ll get the idea. Having seen some surviving fascist architecture in Italy I can’t see why anyone would go for it. How about designing buildings for now? Liveable and usable. And how about not destroying old concrete building to put up new where possible? That shits so polluting.

4 Likes

I happen to think it looks pretty awesome as-is, but I’m also a sucker for Art Deco anything.

5 Likes

Unfortunately, it’s worse than that. This is a last gasp signal sent to a very specific class of intellectual racist that wants to certify their particular flavor of White Supremacy. You say, it can’t possibly be that bad, but here we are.

7 Likes

Oh, but this is rich… this man would not know beauty if it bit him on his fat ass… and then introduced itself.

3 Likes