Trump defends tear gas church photo op: 'I think Christians think it was a beautiful picture'

I’d love to know which “Christians” he’s referring to, so I can know who to blame my hatred of religion on.

People like Trump using religion as a weapon and the opposite of what it was originally meant for are the reason that I removed myself from the way I was raised as far as possible in that regard

5 Likes

It is HARD to live a Christlike life. Loving your enemies, turning the other cheek, not to mention giving to the poor. So much easier to join a club of people that hate the same things you do. So much more comfortable to be told how much better you are because you’re not gay, or poor, a Democrat.

5 Likes

Trump has no idea of what a real Christian thinks; the teachings of Christ are foreign to him. He wants a savior who isn’t crucified. Washing His disciples feet? No way.

2 Likes

Some Christians get this.

If only more people would try though.

It was one thing to hear it is a general platitude, quite another to fundamentally realize it at a basic level concretely lately, but the more I think about it, it’s not Jesus or some God that I hate.

When I think of everything I grew up to be taught about it I can’t make sense why things are the way they are now but I don’t hate either of them- as the saying goes I have no problem with God, but everyone that claims to follow him is a dick

1 Like

*Great movie btw

3 Likes

Ain’t that the truth! I think it’s beyond arguable that Carter was the most decent christian to ever serve as president. And identifies as evangelical, and yet is very much hated among people like my stepfather, who gorges himself on Fox news and the most hateful TV preachers broadcasting today.

11 Likes

hypocrites hate those who show them to be so

2 Likes

Which is weird, cos Don sounds like a happening kind of dude’s name. Donald sounds like the name of some kind of asshole.

2 Likes

Don is appropriate, because he is the boss of the Trump Family.

2 Likes

Trump’s “Christians” would have been happier if he was also waving the head of [other religious group] in his other hand.

2 Likes

Speaking as a Christian, I didn’t think it was “beautiful” in the least, nor did any of the Christians I know. The people of whom Trump speaks are a small minority of American Christians for whom militarism, capitalism, and defense of Israel are the sum total of Christ’s message. Nothing could be further from the truth.

4 Likes

Donny and his Minions would have been among the first to be slung out of the Temple on their collective ass!

3 Likes

I don’t believe Trump understands jack of image composition or exposure. A picture is “nice” if he’s in it. The more of him the nicer.

He was a carpenter too building all them affordable houses after he left office. Why didn’t that become a government policy?

I adore that movie.

2 Likes

And don’t forget the Administration’s people who will be ready if things go badly – the brownshorts

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.