Trump demands expensive military parade

or the Lambeth Walk?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYdmk3GP3iM

10 Likes

Bingo!

I’m sure this is the first thing that came to a lot of people’s minds.

I wonder if Trump thought it would be a good way to take everybody’s mind off “that whole Russia thing.”

5 Likes

I don’t think this is what Trump has in mind though.

5 Likes

Suggestion:

Mark the day of the parade with rallies celebrating the rule of law, the bill of rights, checks and balances, and the likelihood that Donald Trump will die in disgrace.

On the sidelines: Tables to collect money for homeless vets, register people to vote, and recruit canvassers and monitors to make sure turn-out for election is overwhelming.

27 Likes
9 Likes

I’ve been involved in several, but they are one off events to celebrate a specific achievement, rather than a general “Hey! Look at us! Aren’t we oarsum!” held every year.

2 Likes

[quote=“ActuallyARegular, post:22, topic:115366”]
Another good question: Why is France celebrating their military? They don’t have the best track record…[/quote]

The saved our asses 240 years ago this week.

21 Likes

And twenty years later, y’all welched on your debt and went to war with them when they tried to collect.

12 Likes

Are you American? You know you have the French military to thank for American independence from Britain, right? I curse the Simpsons for giving life to this lazy joke.

17 Likes

Here’s to hoping Trump is dead or in jail before he can waste our money on his stupid parade.

8 Likes
11 Likes

Here’s the kind of parade Mr. Trump would like to have, but he doesn’t understand that it is what he wants…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRKJiM9Njr8

3 Likes

Washington DC was specifically designed to make it difficult to march a military force through its streets effectively and Trump wants to pretend he is Joseph Stalin. Good grief.

10 Likes
17 Likes

I can see that going down about as well as kneeling at NFL games.

2 Likes

Several points:

1. while the FFL is French, it’s also Foreign. Which is not to say the French cannot produce good native soldiers, it is to say that the FFL is not strictly representative of the French military.
  2. they still lost
  3. WTF were 65 guys doing there? Behind every heroic disaster is some epically bad planning.
2 Likes
6 Likes

Oh, we’re already fucking paying for it. Big time.

5 Likes

MEXICO. MEXICO WILL PAY FOR IT!

A complete enough sentence, BB.

9 Likes

Make the K Bros or the Mercers pay for it. They own it.

3 Likes