Trump demands expensive military parade

Street lights, removed so tanks could negotiate the streets, went back up, and National Park Service employee Walter Boone found a toupee among the 1.2 million pounds of trash that Saturday’s crowd left behind.

12 Likes

It is to ‘ring in’ the ‘shutdown’.

5 Likes

bingo!

we have a winner on that last one.

3 Likes

The headline should be: Trump wants USA to copy France.

3 Likes

So, has France actually had a parade remotely like this in recent times?

The obvious answer is to quietly sell it for a pittance to the DC police force afterwards – same thing that happens to a lot of other military hardware that doesn’t just rust out in the desert, isn’t it?

Perhaps a better idea would be to temporarily dress up that big parking lot in the desert. Mount a nice big stage, drive a whole bunch of merry Trump supporters out there, quietly dismiss their complaints about how uncomfortable the trip was, snap a few photos, and hope that no one gets too interested in why exactly there is a desert full of completely unnecessary tanks.
http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/09/army-to-congress-thanks-but-no-tanks/

6 Likes

Welcome to the Democratic People’s Republic of North America!

9 Likes

Ooh, can I watch from the sidelines when you ask this a a couple of guys from the French Foreign Legion?

7 Likes

I think you mean to say appalling?

We now know how difficult it is to build a flying car. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nope, they pretty well screwed the pooch in WWI. It turns out that in the field, élan and cran can’t replace strategy and bullets.

1 Like

Why, with tax cuts, of course. Or I guess you’d could confiscate the pensions of treacherous members of Congress and the senate.

5 Likes

He’s like the spoiled brat that keeps kicking the table. You hope his parents will stop him, but they don’t. In the meantime he relishes driving people nuts.

5 Likes

Let Trump (“I’m rich, I’m very rich.”) pay for it personally.
• (Nevermind, he would probably just find a way to con the money out of us anyway.)

4 Likes
  1. They won.
  2. The French did most of the fighting on the Western Front.

Yes, their generals were just as stupid as everyone else’s. But the French enlisted ranks spent most of WWI being rather badass.

16 Likes

So will fattie march around pushing his Big Bad Button. Is his button too big for him to carry all by himself? Will he have the confederate battle flag as part of his patriotic/idiotic show.

How in god’s weird fuckin name can this buffoon get any dumber than he already is? Would someone please smear him up with Preparation H so he’ll just vanish?

7 Likes

A simple I pointed out earlier today, Kim Don Drump will not tolerate inadequate jubilation. Start practising your clapping.

4 Likes

Everyone is referencing North Korea or Soviet Russia. Which is rather strange, given that Trump’s clear historical antecedents were anything but communist, and equally notorious for their love of military parades.

22 Likes
7 Likes

The Kiev coup regime held one with tanks while they were they were begging for US military aid to suppress the rebellion in the east.

1 Like

There are four GoFundMe’s for the Mexico wall. Last I looked, one had raised $5.

4 Likes