Trump denies, then confirms he hid in 'secure bunker' as protests raged at White House

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/03/trump-denies-then-confirms-he.html

Tries to convince everyone it was ‘more for an inspection’

10 Likes

“FAKE NEWS! I absolutely did NOT take my family with me when I fled to safety!”

48 Likes

Nostradumbass lied?

12 Likes

Baby Don was just looking for his pacifier in the bwunker :baby:

9 Likes

Now wait, I do that too. At 11pm, when there’s some noise outside my window, I decide to go on an inspection tour of the basement and when I do, I turn off all the lights so I can …uh, see better!, Yeah that’s it, so I can see better.

19 Likes

He had to make sure the Luger was loaded.

11 Likes

It would be so easy for a normal human being to say “the office of the presidency carries with it an abundance of security measures developed over many years, one of which requires evacuating to a safe area at any hint of risk.” Nobody would think less of a person following such protocols. But not this man…he has to play superhero to his audience of fawning morons.

30 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. It was the Secret Service that put Trump in the bunker. He was probably too absorbed in tweeting to notice there was a problem. A proper leader would simply say the Secret Service are the experts, and he defers to their judgment on matters of safety.

17 Likes

No word yet on whether he hid under the bed … er… conducted a dust bunny inspection…

7 Likes

How the heck do you visit a bunker two and a half times? Was he going down the stairs when he realized it was time for Hannity?

15 Likes

Haha, what a loo-sah!

6 Likes

You know who else hid in a bunker?

SaddamSpiderHole

One day we will be pulling trump out of a bunker hole found in one of his golf courses.

Probably the Jersey one.

14 Likes
11 Likes
5 Likes

Have you previously inspected your bunker cough basement 2.5 times?

3 Likes

Hey, I have like a photo photo of that, somewhere…

Sadly, unlike Saddam, Trump will probably die in his bed at some point.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Dolt 45’s bunker explanation is about as truthful as the just released results of his physical:
Resting heart rate of 63 bpm - not likely at all for a man in his 70s that doesn’t get vigorous exercise every week. I’d believe this part of the report if it said 75 or 80 bpm.
Blood pressure 121/79 mmHG - I told this figure to my wife (she’s a clinical secretary for 3 oncology hematologists). Her immediate response was “It’s too perfect. There’s no way anyone has BP within 1 point of textbook perfect.” Textbook perfect BP is 120/80 mmHG.
Height 6’3" - another nope. Eric towers over him by a good 6" in every picture, and he’s 6’5".
Weight 244 lbs - not at all believable. I have 6’3" to 6’6" friends that weigh between 220 and 260 lbs. None of them have bodies as rotund as the current occupant of the WH.

9 Likes

Don’t be ridiculous! He’ll die of a coronary on the toilet.

5 Likes

If god blesses America, it will be one of these.

8 Likes