Trump felt he served in the military, however he did not

I think “volunteer” is the wrong word.

That Ronald ¨Ray-Gun¨ brain dead idiot could never get elected. That cocaine snorting guy could never get elected. Twice. America is full of weird people. ¨King Trump, High Holy, Most Reverent Donald¨ will soon be tripping off our tongues.

5 Likes

Thankfully humankind has the ability to take the good parts and literally ignore the old testament. Good people are good whether they’re Christians or not, bad people are bad whether they’re Christians or secular.

Seeing as I don’t believe in a god of any form, I don’t care how they believe, just how they practice.

6 Likes

On that note, I hope Change.org’s server farm burns down.

I can’t imagine anyone who would disagree with you. The hard part is actually finding Christian politicians that actually live the principles of a Christian life.

2 Likes

True enough, but if they practiced as instructed, they’d give up all their possessions and live a life of piety, obeying all of Moses’ laws jot and tittle, which includes large portions of the Old Testament.

1 Like

This one time, at Space Camp, …

3 Likes

We had Jimmy Carter for a while, but that wasn’t well received by a lot of people who were dumb.

8 Likes

Who brings a flute to Space Camp?!

1 Like

Someone who wants to be like Cady Coleman? :wink:

3 Likes
10 Likes

Are there any Quaker politicians?

1 Like

Nixon was a Quaker. But I don’t seem to recall Christ having an enemies list.

3 Likes

Ant quaker? Do you become one by shaking an ant farm?

Those are ant shakers. Religion is weird.

7 Likes

You become one by NOT shaking an ant farm!

5 Likes

Possibly.Depends on the meaning of the New Covenant, though.

Are those jazz flutes? I guess, actually SPACE jazz flutes!!!

1 Like

There was, but I’m not sure you want to hear this… it was Nixon. He was a Quaker.

Also, I should scroll down before answering… as @SteampunkBanana beat me to the punch.

The best Quakers in public life seemed to be the activists, so politicians of a sort, I guess.

I do wonder if we had any Quakers in congress during the 19th century?

2 Likes

That’s just how apologists talk though, it’s pretty unambiguous.
Matthew 5:18-19
Luke 16:17
Matthew 5:17
John7:19
If you’re going to do away with the Old Testament, then you’re going to have to do away with the ten commandments also.
Christians wrap themselves in knots trying to explain which portions apply and which don’t.

2 Likes