Trump fires John Bolton's moustache

tumblr_a60cc9cad13c56d200781540e02eacd4_088e814e_640

30 Likes

giphy

15 Likes

Um, yes? He’s been pretty clear that’s what he wants, and those people chosen to do exactly that have been the ones that have survived. Which is what makes me nervous about any future picks. The nature of that role is to reinforce whatever crazy shit Trump blurts out, which has been a disaster in every other aspect of policy where this is true.

Yeah but the barrel’s bottom always turns out to be a false one with Trump. Next pick - an actual Nazi?

My understanding was that Trump did an end-run around Bolton (who pointed out how bad it would be to host the Taliban on 9/11, etc.) to try to set up the meeting. (Which wasn’t ever going to happen in the first place because of Taliban demands apparently, which is why Trump made such a big deal about “canceling” it. More of his typical "you didn’t break up with me, I broke up with you" bullshit.) Of course, Trump being Trump, he probably still blames Bolton for it not working out.

Worse - he was a sometimes-contrary goon.

I think it was simpler than that - he got bad press. Trump doesn’t care how corrupt they are, so long as no one writes about it. As soon as the press are uniformly negative about someone (regardless of what they did), Trump dumps them. Which, for a guy always going on about both loyalty and how untrustworthy and terrible the press are, would seem to be weird.

12 Likes

Well a corrupt self enriching replacement (ie Trump standard) would probably be better for the world.

Unless they are taking money to start wars.

1 Like

I love this headline…

24 Likes

Let’s see who Bolton’s replacement is before we draw such conclusions. The unofficial motto of this administration might as well be “things can always get worse.”

11 Likes

I feel like we are in a historic period that will be marked in dictionaries. Kinda like the King James edition of the bible. In this new era, everything is going to have an nth+1 definition that is just an antonym…

Best

adjective, superl. of good with better as compar.

1. of the highest quality, excellence, or standing: the best work; the best students.
  2. most advantageous, suitable, or desirable: the best way.
  3. largest; most: the best part of a day.
  4. actually kinda the worst, strangely. The best people.
12 Likes

That’s a sick comment.

(nth+1 definition)

4 Likes

True. Also just the fact that Pruitt was getting the attention.

4 Likes

(this was actually a Labour Party election song. They underestimated how bad it would be.)

3 Likes

My bet is on someone stupider, like Avi Berkowitz, he’s the new White House envoy to the Middle east. This guy is being promoted from Jared Kushner’s personal assistant.
Former White House communications director Hope Hicks described Mr. Berkowitz duties under Jared as “primarily administrative and involved assisting Kushner with daily logistics like getting coffee or coordinating meetings.” Now he’s in charge of brokering peace between Israel and Palestine.

10 Likes

It’s a real head-scratcher because Joachim von Ribbentrop is dead and Grand Moff Tarkin is fictional. I suppose technically anyone could do it, as long as they’re wickeder than Satan and dumber than a sack of hammers.

11 Likes

That would make him more qualified than Kushner, because I wouldn’t trust that guy to make coffee.

8 Likes

I can believe Bolton was a serious ideologue and crazy but likely not cartoonishly corrupt like Trump.

1 Like

6 Likes

Only problem with this is that dRumph was the one who put dolton in that position in the first place.

3 Likes
2 Likes

2 Likes

over on Reddit’s BestOfLegalAdvice sub they keep a Trump Administration Death Pool going. Last couple winners have only been off by a day. This was round 23 or something up there. Guess which Cabinet (or other high level post) is gonna go next!

2 Likes

Yeah, the thing about Bolton is that while he’s a bloodthirsty lunatic with abominable beliefs and principles, he’s serious about those beliefs and principles. He should be kept the hell away from any kind of political or military power, but at the same time he’s not going to become a docile yes-man who changes his color whenever Trump has a mood swing.

7 Likes