Trump fires VA Sec. Shulkin and tweets his replacement pick: WH doctor Ronny Jackson

abbott-and-costello

2 Likes

1 Like

That’s easy enough to explain. A lifelong military guy probably has a lot of people in his life who use the VA system. He probably thinks he can do better than a likely alternate appointee if only because he is not actively trying to destroy the system.

I had just assumed Trump gave him an order to say what he said. He’s a serving member of the military and Trump is the president.

This may also explain him choosing to take this position.

1 Like

Someone is going to get a seizure from all this. Possibly not over a GIF, though.

1 Like

Watt’s the name of the guy on first.

Okay, I have now officially lost track.
Not that it really matters.

You missed one.

2 Likes

I doubt that this quack has the necessary managerial experience to handle the agency. He’ll last about 9 months . . .

Little peccadilloes like treason are hardly worth mentioning!

1 Like

Admiral (or general) is senior management level, and in the US military in a huge organisation at that.
You don’t get to this level without management skills and knowing how to play at internal politics.

Still, my opinion is that in giving his Commander in Chief a clean bill of health, he placed his loyalty to said CIC above the loyalty to his country.
Didn’t hurt his career, so apt at playing politics? Check.

2 Likes

Mr Shulkin wrote: >

“As I prepare to leave government, I am struck by a recurring thought: It should not be this hard to serve your country.”

He said that in recent months “the environment in Washington has turned so toxic, chaotic, disrespectful and subversive that it became impossible for me to accomplish the important work that our veterans need and deserve”.

3 Likes

At some level, even Trump is entitled to the protection of HIPPA, in the same way that he is entitled to choose or not choose to release his tax returns without having them made public by the IRS. The good doctor can either NEVER respond at all to questions about his patient’s health, or he can give everybody a glowing report in public.

Of course his skill or not as a physician says nothing about his skill as an administrator. The surprise is actually that Trump didn’t appoint some multi-millionaire Health company executive that might have been competent, but aiming to maximize the amount that the medical-industrial complex can get from the government.

That doesn’t lend itself to outright lying; as in the case of 45’s height and weight.

1 Like

I was trying to quantify exactly what the qualifications for cabinet or senior level positions are under the current administration. The only thing I’d modify is #2.

1. Willing to work for the current administration and follow drumph’s directives without regard to legality, morality or ethics.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.