Trump fires VA Sec. Shulkin and tweets his replacement pick: WH doctor Ronny Jackson

That’s pretty much how I feel, as well.

My only other thought is, “Why would a serious, competent person allow this to happen to them?” Everyone who does business with Trump gets burned. The minute you accept his appointment, the clock is ticking on your career and reputation.

3 Likes
  1. The Trump administration wants to appoint him.
  2. He’s willing to work for the Trump administration.

That’s enough.

11 Likes

At first I thought they were talking about this guy too. Wouldn’t have surprised me

1 Like

“Another one bites the dust" appears about 16 times in that song. So not even close.

1 Like

nice read from Mr. Shulkin

6 Likes

Yep. That explains the firing. Privatization means no more pesky public accountability while any budget increases lauded as “helping veterans” will get siphoned out. Loot+pillage+loot+pillage…

5 Likes

It doesn’t matter.

1 Like

shulkindavid

So, now he has a voice?

To be honest, I think he was busy trying to do his job…and to not piss off or upset this administration so he could keep doing his job.

2 Likes

Oh, you mean the same ethical doctor that was willing to lie about Trumps height and weight so it did not register as obese?

Perfect fit.

3 Likes

Is that Peter Sellers playing Doctor from ‘I love you Alice B. Toklas’?

3 Likes

I see whut u did dere! :joy:

2 Likes

Those are scarce as hen’s teeth these days!

Yeah, I see what he’s saying…

2 Likes

What makes this a little strange is that he really, really liked Shulkin for a long time, despite him being an Obama appointee. He was a moderate who was able to get things done that Trump couldn’t, and he certainly did a good job of running the VA. Unfortunately, Shulkin resisted privatizing the VA’s health services, so he became a pariah.

What I’ve heard was that Shulkin was taking a more moderate approach to the VA issues which included not privatizing the VA hospital system. This really irked Trump apparently (according to sources in the article I read). So, the doctor that Trump just tapped wants to privatize as much as possible. Fancy that, we got a half-bad guy to a full-bad guy. Geez.

1 Like

2 Likes

I thought next Doctor was woman?

3 Likes

Who?

Exactly!

4 Likes

1 Like