Trump found GUILTY on all counts in hush money trial

Thankee-sai!

I grew up on Doonesbury; my mom even had an artist’s guide to drawing like that.

I know the fight still isn’t over yet, but this is so incredibly encouraging!

35 Likes

Hell Yeah, let’s celebrate!

As one of those occasional doomsayers, I am so happy to have been consistently wrong!

25 Likes

26 Likes

Ready To Party Fun GIF by CBC

26 Likes

32 Likes

Don’t get complacent. He is only a symptom but a big one.

OK back to the celebrations.

23 Likes

Kamala Harris Magic GIF by The Democrats

38 Likes

29 May 1973

5 May 1994

23 Oct 2017

43 Likes

unnamed

26 Likes

The point of disenfranchising convicted felons is to reduce Black participation in democracy via the disproportionate rate of incarceration.

Obviously it’s completely ridiculous that Trump can run for president from inside prison. I don’t know how he would be expected to do his job if elected. Perhaps he thinks he could pardon himself?

Not that Trump bothered to do much work when he was president the first time.

21 Likes
52 Likes

You know, there’s a correlation between lack of remorse and severity of sentence :smile:

28 Likes

:laughing:

16 Likes

I’d never seen that 2017 strip. Thank you for sharing!

PS. I’ll be so very glad when WE get to do this to the Orange Shitgibbon
Zz Top Legs GIF - Zz Top Legs Wave GIFs

16 Likes

His community service should be dropping out of the race, the nation in fact the entire fucking universe.

23 Likes

Yeah, I REALLY can’t see Merchan sentencing him to community service. I figure at least some prison time, whether in a real jail or house arrest.

12 Likes

I am truly sorry, but nope;

A new law passed in 2021, restores the right to vote for a person convicted of a felony upon release from incarceration, regardless of if they are on parole or have a term of post-release supervision. If a convicted felon is not incarcerated, they are eligible to register to vote.

The conviction will probably not affect Trump’s ability to vote in this fall’s election. Florida, where he is registered, allows people with an out-of-state conviction to vote if the state where they were convicted allows it.

6 Likes

I guess I’m going to have to start wearing a diaper now.

Cause I nearly shit myself upon hearing this.

12 Likes

Don’t nope too fast: sentencing is scheduled for July 11 and he’s been convicted of 34 counts with up to a 4 year sentence, each. New York typically does not leave convicted felons out of prison while they appeal, so unless Judge Merchan does something highly unusual and unexpected, T**** will be incarcerated on Nov. 5 and not be allowed to vote.

35 Likes

Not today.

Please… save that Debbie Downer stuff for tomorrow.

Today, we celebrate; because we are NOT in the darkest timeline. HOPE LIVES!

44 Likes