Trump found GUILTY on all counts in hush money trial

In theory up to four years per count, for a total of 136 years.

Apparently over half of the people convicted of this offense received zero jail time (community service, probation, suspended sentences, just fines).

Apparently that includes people that admit guilt and plead guilty. People that do not accept responsibility (like those who pleas not guilty) tend to get a heavier sentence, but I haven’t seen a breakdown on that.

It isn’t up to me, but if it were I would go for 1 month in jail per count (about 2.8 years), plus an additional 3 months per count suspended contingent on continued good behaviour.

14 Likes

The day job of the secret service is to be prepared at any moment to literally jump in front of a bullet from a gun that any stranger they see could suddenly pull on them. Getting to go home at night, not having to do crazy travel, less of a chance of getting shot, I could see some agents may think the prison gig would not be the worst day at the office.

19 Likes

Before you even posted the question.

20 Likes

Happy Good Day GIF by The Democrats

31 Likes

And how much would that increase if the felon being sentenced threatened your family and your court staff?

23 Likes

40 Likes

My proposed headline would be “Convicted felon claims trial ‘rigged’”, and we have a better topic for that.

19 Likes

You people ain’t coming for my family are you?

23 Likes

Star?? Calling a cameo role the star is a very Trumpy thing to do.

15 Likes

That’s the joke.

25 Likes

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

14 Likes

I guess Pizza Hut is going to need to find a new spokesperson.

11 Likes

Depends. The judge may go a little light to prove he wasn’t biased by the personal nature of the threats. Much like he didn’t slam Trump with a contempt charge during the trial and have him jailed until he shut up.

Or maybe that adds a few years onto a sentence many people get away with as nothing.

12 Likes

Pizza the Hut

Not even that far off!

14 Likes

Nah. This is where that comeuppance comes up. Otherwise it rewards the bad behavior and punishes people who respect the court.

20 Likes

I doubt he was listed before the title, so he’s not a star.

9 Likes

Trump [turns to his legal counsel]: “Communi… community… what… service? What the hell is that? Sounds made up! Explain that to me!”

20 Likes

I think it’s safe to say that his attorneys won’t be getting paid.

Of course, that’s always safe to assume.

34 Likes
28 Likes

I’d LOVE for you to be right.

But in reality:

1. Super rich white people rarely serve time for white collar crimes.

2. Potential political fall out from sentencing him to any time, or even community service like picking up trash on the highway, makes it even less likely he will serve any time.

Even a week long sentence would be cathartic, but I’m not holding my breath. :confused:

Absolutely. :confused:

Still, its a win.

12 Likes