Trump "furious" after sparsely-attended Tulsa rally

That’s what she said!

18 Likes

Pass it on!

17 Likes

“People are saying…”

15 Likes

I have been trying so hard to be a good and decent person and not hold hate in my heart, but the hard-hearted mean bitch I really am sees comments like these and agrees, looking like grumpy cat saying “good.”

26 Likes

Daw - poor baby. Poor baby sad. Just go Tweet it off, buddy.

5 Likes

Sure, I mean there are actual Black communities in Tulsa. North Dallas suburbs are literal bastions of hardcore racism that basically exist because of racism.

12 Likes

Who took this photo? Quite odd if it’s official. It almost seems the lighting was purposely set up wrong in order to make him look older. Also the hat in hand traditionally is a gesture meaning submission that doesn’t reflect the image he struggled to build for himself.

I saw an interesting speculation that he invariably wears platform shoes, a simpler explanation for his usual stiff gait and peculiar movements than whatever rare form of dementia The Resistance is hyping this week. In this video he’s wearing standard shoes and can walk like a normal person again.

17 Likes

What has completely been missed is that Trump exposed himself to SAR-CoV-2.

2 Likes

The White House photographer certainly wouldn’t let something like this slip out these days, but there were plenty of other photographers outside the White House when he made his walk from Marine One after returning from the rally. Since it was late, they only had the spotlights from (I’m guessing) the press area to illuminate him.

I kind of hope this becomes the most iconic photo of him this year.

26 Likes

Ftfy.

24 Likes

Yes they were. They weren’t “officially” part of the administration. But yes, they were.

15 Likes

Oklahoman here, and I got curious also.

I think it’s not like a hotel where they post room rates online. From perusing the website, I think you would likely need to call and speak to a live human being, and convince them you represented an organization that could actually afford to rent the venue before you could get a price quote. And I suspect that quote might be negotiable.

But as to how it was used by the ⊥rump campaign, I doubt it was ever expected to be a money generating event in terms of ticket sales; they were literally giving away the tickets.

They might have hoped to cover costs by merchandise sales, but ultimately I believe the purpose was to energize the base and gratify the ego of the Divider in Chief.

tl;dr I bet the costs were covered by the campaign with the expectation it would be a net loss monetarily, but a net gain in eventual votes.

5 Likes

International seaport? So ICE has authority to detain anyone within a 100 miles of Tulsa. Cute.

12 Likes

Plus, he’s just realistically slumped like a tired human being, not puffing himself up to seem dominant to a crowd.

What we normally see with him looks awkward because it’s artificial. His sons do the same thing in group photos, and I doubt they’re all suffering from the same age-related illness.

This is one of the rare shots where we aren’t seeing a performance. So of course it looks strange, because we’re not used to seeing the pathetic little man, only the funhouse mirror.

30 Likes

Somebody want to give Tik Tok’s CEO a heads up; there’s a Tweet storm brewing.

3 Likes

I kind of hope this becomes the most iconic photo of him this year EVER so far.
Ftfy

Fixed your fix.

15 Likes

I really cannot convey just how much pleasure this whole situation has been giving me. It’s unseemly, really.

Or, to put it another way - a quarter of the entire population of Oklahoma.

The delicious irony is: it was Trump, not the media, who raised the specter of mob violence at the event. He was talking about crushing it, but it still raised the expectation of it being there; the media hadn’t even brought up the possibility, except in reporting his own words.

I’m certain we’ll hear every possible excuse come November - even clearly contradictory ones.

You love to see it. Also something I’d love to see: total chaos in the Trump campaign as the managers cycle out as Trump gets mad at their inability to alter reality to his liking.

30 Likes

There may be another level to the damage done. The results of this stunt made them feel powerful. Some fraction of this group may take that newly found empowerment and turn it into further political action, like voting and getting out the vote. Their actual impact is probably not important, their perceived impact, however, is incredible.

19 Likes

I think this may be a case of where Trump’s disinterest in reality may have hurt him at least a little. When he says things like “millions of attendees” he doesn’t know or care if that has any basis in reality, it is really just a way of saying “i’m great and my rally is going to be great and we will have the best numbers and the best people”. Just like his huge inauguration crowd: a totally avoidable lie but the only way he knows how to operate. And sadly it works more often than not.

9 Likes