Trump "furious" after sparsely-attended Tulsa rally

This, to me, is one of the most morbidly funny aspects of his whole schtick. Just following safety protocols could have saved him some face (which I believe he cares about more than literally anything else) but that wasn’t an option because he and his sycophants have made masks and responsible behavior during a pandemic into some kind of political culture war bullshit and now that cannot be walked back. Social distancing during the rally would be admitting defeat to those nasty libs and their germ theory!

24 Likes

The one bonus Trump gets from the activists registering online for tickets-- it gives him an excuse: “antifa sabotaged the rally”, which his faithful will swallow hook, line and sinker. Of course they’ll eat dog poop if he feeds it to them, so whatever.

9 Likes

Gee, drinking a small amount of water in a glass held by just one hand really took it out of the (demented, impeached, racist) orange turd, eh?

18 Likes

We should refer to this as the “Emptysburg Address” and hope it makes it into some ads…I mean, c’mon, the Lincoln Project should see this as a gift.

24 Likes

Oh there’ll be plenty of shade to go around.

49 Likes

The only way the gets better is if Trump gets the rona.

16 Likes

There is something very weird about carrying around your MAGA hat like a security blanket.

10 Likes

I guess the silent majority was also invisible that night?

19 Likes

Yep, they did!

6 Likes

Yet, they saw his campaign, how openly racist and misogynistic it was, how he had literally NO solid policy proposals other than build the wall, how his campaign seemed to be based on grift and aligning with foreign powers. But they still thought, “yep, that’s the administration I want to join.” They were never public servants, they just thought they could get something they wanted (implementing their policy ideas or gaining greater power for themselves). None of these people care about this country or improving it. They are all power hungry people out for pure gain. No one who is an actual public servant would look at the administration and believe he is anything other than what he showed us on day one of his campaign, where he railed against immigrants. :woman_shrugging:

42 Likes
16 Likes

I’m intrigued by your ideas, and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

12 Likes

Foreigner here. I’m curious as to just exactly how much money would be lost on this situation. Presumably there was a charge for the venue, and a certain number of people had to attend to make it profitable - and I’m pretty sure profit was a factor here. So how much money would be lost on this gig? Can anybody put a figure on it?

7 Likes

It’s not like he will pay the bill anyway.

41 Likes

Second this.

I lived in Okmulgee, Oklahoma for a couple years back in the early teens, and at the time it was the meth capital of the USA. Had a friend die from it while I was there.

My experience was that Oklahoma outside Tulsa (and presumably OKC) is red AF, and the stretch about an hour south of Tulsa I regularly drove was nothing but farmland, a lot of presumably meth houses, and megachurches, with a few strip malls thrown in.

If Trump failed in Tulsa- that’s extremely telling, and makes me deeply deeply happy.

25 Likes

Oh, for sure. Even if the venue was donated by an enthusiastic management (which I doubt). But I’m still curious to see the figures.

7 Likes

I heard he’s dropping out of the race, too. From you.

24 Likes

And fails to recover.

Winning.

11 Likes

It’ll be the same photo on November 3, 2020 at about 10 pm EST.

Have your popcorn ready.

3 Likes

As the Lincoln Project says “your rally in Tulsa was a flop. You’ve probably heard this before, but it was smaller than we expected and it sure wasn’t as big as you promised”

17 Likes