Trump "furious" after sparsely-attended Tulsa rally

Me? Nope. His racism, bigotry, misogyny, corruption, traitorousness, unbridled greed, pettiness, and ugly personality somehow (don’t ask me why :wink:) beat out any hint of misplaced sympathy. To quote Shakespeare: He is a “crusty botch of nature”.

14 Likes

I remember this same discussion with somebody after the election. Her words were “Would YOU want to work for someone who’s catchphrase is ‘You’re Fired’?”

17 Likes

A read of the entire article yields the correct context of conservative George Will’s opinion of Pence. An excerpt: Because [Pence’s] is the authentic voice of today’s lickspittle Republican Party, he clarifies this year’s elections: Vote Republican to ratify groveling as governing …

16 Likes

All of the times I can think of where that picture would have humanized him would have required he didn’t have those qualities. There were times when that photo could have made me reevaluate him. But all those times would have been moments where he was showing empathy and sadness for people affected by disasters. Imagine this being his reaction to Hurricane Maria’s devastation of Puerto Rico.

But all those situations and moments are impossible, because he’s a fucking monster and only capable of this kind of emotion when fewer people than he wanted showed up to his hatred festival.

18 Likes

I agree. ~~~~~~~~~~~

3 Likes

I absolutely love seeing Trump look so sad and dejected. That said, a little part of me worries. Trump has a very, very, very fragile ego. Has anyone ever stopped to wonder what happens if a President of the United States, especially who already has some colorful personality, snaps? Like, if Trump decided just to viciously do as much damage as possible in anger and rage, has anyone considered what it is he could do?

I’m not expert on Trump psychology, and I doubt anyone truly is. I don’t even have a guess as to what Trump’s mental fortitude is. I just wonder what sort of mental black swans might exist that we are running towards. What does a Donald Trump that snaps, do?

What can he do?

What’s the most vicious thing you can imagine a person like Donald Trump doing with the power of the presidency on the day after he loses an election, but is still President for a few more weeks?

6 Likes

God bless this woman.

30 Likes

National treasure.

That Tik Tok logo tho.

4 Likes

He’s perfected use of the exploit:

This just hammers home my realization of what the Cheney Administration – and yes, damn you this is the first time I’ve indulged in that neologism, and the first time I think it perfectly appropriate – what the Cheney Administration has discovered. They have found the “exploit” within the United States Government. As I watched Congressmen and Senators stumble and fumble and thrash, unable to bring to heel men and women who were plainly lying to them under oath, unable to eject from public office toadies of a boot-licking expertise unseen since Versailles, it struck me. The sheer, simple elegance of it. The “exploit”.

The exploit is shame.

Our representatives – and to a great degree we as a culture – are completely buffaloed by shamelessness. You reveal a man’s corrupt, or lying, or incompetent, and what does he do? He resigns. He attempts to escape attention, often to aid in his escape of legal pursuit. Public shame has up to now been the silver bullet of American political life. But people who are willing to just do the wrong thing and wait you out, to be publicly guilty … dammmnnnn.

19 Likes

She has to slow down, doesn’t she realize I only have so much free time.

I am not sure exactly why I find these videos so fun to watch, but God help me, I do.

Probably has something to do with the fact she is so talented and spends an incredible amount of time and energy to produce them.

10 Likes

Supposedly in the final days of the Nixon presidency his senior aids including Henry Kissinger were worried that Nixon was suicidally depressed and might drunkenly order the launch of nuclear weapons to trigger a lethal response from the Soviet Union. And Nixon was a stable genius compared to Trump. So yeah, I am worried.

13 Likes

I suspect the concept started as a complaint about satire being dead and the jokes write themselves, but that just makes the work and talent that goes into the body language choreography, costuming, editing all the more wonderful, because the jokes aren’t writing themselves and she turns these around fast and has knocked it out of the park so consistently.

6 Likes

You had a couple of typos there. I fixed it for you.

3 Likes

Done in one.

2 Likes

Seriously. I’m just trying to hold the dam in place as a 40 y/o. You kids (and I use that term loosely for you 20 y/o) are gonna have to be even more awesome than us to keep things sane. We’re trying, but we need you %100 to vote. None of this %30 BS we saw in the last election. Get out there please. You’re 18 now so use your power.

9 Likes

And if you do I promise I won’t call the cops when I see you drinking beer in the park, and as an added bonus, you can step on my lawn any time you want.

12 Likes

Your wish etc

26 Likes
19 Likes

He doesn’t even trust Fox News any more.

Yes! This is the call I made before the inauguration when he had already declared war on the press. I think attendance becomes even more of a news story because he makes such a big deal out of it.

In the case of Tulsa it’s very much the tactics he benefited from in 2016 coming back to bite him. Instead of Putin, it’s the Tik Tokkers. A cautionary tweet worth considering though:

16 Likes

I briefly misread this as coming from The Last Word and was even more thoroughly entertained by the notion of Lawrence O’Donnell talking about k-pop artists who can get it.

10 Likes