Trump hospitalized with Covid symptoms

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/02/trump-hospitalized-with-covid-symptoms.html

12 Likes

60 Likes

I wish him well, not least because I fancy Pence’s chances against Biden more than I fancy Trump’s

52 Likes

Wow.
I wonder what his hair looks like.

7 Likes

Perhaps back in December or January (2020), it may have been a QUOTE “Chinese” virus. But by march, it had arrived here via Europe and was a “European” virus. Quite frankly now, it is a “Trump” virus.

35 Likes

This is not looking good. For Trump, that is.

3 Likes

Working? Does that mean what it usually means? Watching Fox News?

28 Likes

WH staff: “Get him the hell outta here!”

8 Likes

Shades of Boris

13 Likes

Just reported on BBC News at Ten.
Transfer to hospital is from an abundance of caution.
He has had a cocktail of antibodies administered.
He is still working and in good spirits.
There is a fully-staffed medical centre in the WH able to give pretty much anything that might be needed so it is not clear why he needs to go to Walter Reed. (My take - they don’t have ventilators at the WH.)
But it could be tests available at WR that cannot be done at the WH - this was speculated on by the BBC reporter.

14 Likes

I think this puts a nail in the coffin of the “he’s faking it” conspiracy theories, because there’s no way you could keep a lie that big under wraps for long if you had to involve a whole team of medical professionals at Walter Reed.

Even this guy wasn’t willing to back up Trump’s fake medical claims forever.

25 Likes

Exactly. I’m terrified that Pence will be the candidate…

12 Likes

Goes to WR, fake dies, body switched, trump on his way to Russia…

Future movie pitch.

34 Likes

So was de Pfeffel. We know how bad his case turned out to be and he was fitter then than Trump has been at any point in his presidency.

19 Likes

I believe it’s called pulling a Blofeld.

22 Likes

Could be that Pence is also infected?

Chances are good for it…

22 Likes

Best guess from my uninformed self is that this is serious. Remember, they always downplay everything. “Out of an abundance of caution” is probably about as true as his unannounced visit to WR a few months ago was about “visiting wounded soldiers”. The WH has an impressive medical suite, so if they have him at WR they are very worried about something they can’t handle in-house – not least to medevac him there.

They also gave him an 8-gram dose (the maximum!) of experimental polyclonal antibodies. Out of an abundance of caution?

35 Likes

Exactly. “When you say ‘working’, can you give us an example of the ‘work’ that he is doing?” --fantasy reporter.

27 Likes

It’s exactly what they did with Alex “Boris” Johnson. And his case turned out to be rather severe. Even the rhetoric used is the same.

30 Likes

“You know… emails, sending emails, receiving emails, deleting emails… I could go on.”

21 Likes