Trump hospitalized with Covid symptoms

20201003_015020

14 Likes

At least four more days before that is definitive.

11 Likes

He’ll have a great camp slogan.

Mike Pence chaired the coronavirus task force - let him do for you what he did to Trump!

21 Likes

Pence.

Not three words I’d normally think of in the same sentence.

10 Likes

Don’t tell mother!

13 Likes

She knows…

12 Likes

Time to stoke up a third party write-in campaign starring [insert bigoted loudmouth here] to pick up a fallen Trump’s banner and carry his gospel forward. Possible choices: Alex Jones. David Duke. Sean Hannity. Sadly, Kyle Rittenhouse is too young. Urge all the Trumpers to vote their hearts (and their guns and their dicks) for this Dork Horse candidate who–like a miracle!–will win a landslide and keep the White House white. In the real world they’d siphon off all the Republican votes, of course, but this is Fox World, folks, so don’t worry. Vote the Third Way!

5 Likes

from an abundance of caution .

It’s a shame they didn’t make use of some of that abundance earlier in the year … say … back in February. Or, really, at any point since then.

17 Likes

That’s where the surplus came from. They’ve been stockpiling it all this time instead of using it.

16 Likes

The Tamale Guy in Chicago went on a ventilator and came out the other side, praise be to our drunk lord Satan.

edit, not that I’m saying that’s my desired outcome here

2 Likes

Hold my cider!

Republicans win, Trump survives but is too damaged even for them. They “suggest” the new slate to the Electors.

Then Trump lurches into action, proclaims that the Republicans are trying to steal the election, and declares war on them to his followers.

10 Likes

Not sure if this deserves a Like or Flag.

Sick burn for sure.

2 Likes

Not buying any of this just yet. Donald Trump is a master of the long con.

2 Likes

I thought about that. At least some states require electors to vote for the person they were elected to vote for. So in the least they might lose some electoral votes, probably enough that the ticket formerly known as Trump/Pence wouldn’t get elected.

2 Likes

How so?

He is a prolific liar, yes. But his lies are all transparent, self-serving and based on short-term planning if any planning at all. Plus it’s not just him saying this—if it was a con, it would be a con that required cooperation from the non-partisan medical staff at one of the world’s most respected hospitals.

Trump’s administration also leaks like a sieve. They can’t even keep small lies known to a handful of people secret for very long. There’s no way they’d be up to the task of faking this.

20 Likes

This assumes he isn’t lying about having covid. Nobody’s talking about his taxes now and he’ll own the media cycles until November as his strength prevails. Trump going to Walter Reed is exactly the opposite of regular joe’s experience. They won’t test Trump if he refuses. He took a helicopter to a hospital 5 minutes away by car. Bread and circuses.

8 Likes

Exactly. A fucking $10 taxi ride away. Jfc

Fucking showboating

6 Likes

1 Like

Well, but that’s the problem with the idea that the fascists could simply swap in a different Hitler: who, specifically, would it be? Because there can only be one führer, and everyone else has to pledge their instant, unanimous loyalty. This is why totalitarian regimes are notoriously bad at outliving their figureheads, because their whole point is to prevent the orderly transfer of power.

Seems a little byzantine, given Turmp can just pardon himself

3 Likes

No, he’s really not. A conman only needs to be slightly smarter than the marks he’s fleecing.

18 Likes