Trump hotels, faced with massive declines in bookings, rebrand as "Scion Hotels"

It does seem to be a particularly tone-deaf statement to make for someone with so many properties reliant upon immigrant Latin@ workers, which confirms my assumption that he doesn’t actually know how restaurants, hotels, or golf resorts work.

18 Likes

And I thought their annual Miss Housekeeping pageant would boost business.

19 Likes

THE anti-Semitic pick-up of choice.
I do still hold it against Henry Ford. Why the hell not?

1 Like

Other names considered:

Bad Hair Day Inn
Bag of Wyndham
Schadenfreude Suites
Waldorf-Assholia
Putin-on-the-Ritz-Carlton
Ramadan Inn
Stubby Little Howard Johnson
The Mandarin

20 Likes

Are you sure it wasn’t a contract on America?
Vote for me – my Russian friends and I don’t want to see America have a little accident.

25 Likes

Drumpf Hotels.

6 Likes

Poisoned Suites

11 Likes

From what I understand there’s been some slowing of sales in the past few months, but sales are still up year to date. And even if sales fall the F-150 is still the top selling truck, and thus to top selling car in the US. Truck sales are so healthy that Trump’s favorite thing to scare monger about lately. Ford sending compact car production to Mexico. Is more about making more trucks in the US than it is about moving anything to Mexico. They’ll be introducing a new truck in a few years, and a new SUV based off it.

4 Likes

Give-it-a-Three

3 Likes

Poor Trumpkins. At this rate, maybe they will be forced to sell some of their condos and fill thier solid gold lunch plates with ramen.

My heart pumps peanut butter for them. (Plays tiny violin).

7 Likes

A disaster!

9 Likes

So when people vote with their dollars, is that also rigged by Democrat operatives?

15 Likes

Scion as defined by https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/scion.

Noun
scion ‎(plural scions)

1. A descendant, especially a first-generation descendant.
  2. A detached shoot or twig containing buds from a woody plant, used in grafting; a shoot or twig in a general sense.
  3. The heir to a throne.
  4. A guardian.

I’m going to go with definition #2 on this one.

11 Likes

If you’re going to boycott automobile companies because of the objectionable personal flaws of their founders, you’re probably not going to be driving anywhere.

Unless you can afford a Tesla

9 Likes

For certain definitions of “graft.”

14 Likes

The sad sound you hear is the tiny bagpipes lamenting the death of my little joke.

5 Likes

Don’t worry about Donny. He’s got plans for after the election.

8 Likes

Are you sure it’s not the sound of a luxury pick up rolling coal all the way to the top of the charts?

I need the TV in the dash for “work”.

2 Likes

I get confused with which “Trump” businesses he has some ownership of and which are just licensing out his name. Which one is this? Either way, it deserves to fail, but it would be funny if they spent a bundle of money to license the name only to have it become a liability rather than asset.

Well, for some people at least, it was synonymous with “expensive and tacky.”

9 Likes

Musk would fail my personal test. But there’s Morgan - the Morgan family were notoriously nice people - and Soichiro Honda was by all accounts a pretty decent guy. In motorcycles, Brough, Vincent and the Goodman Brothers (Velocette) all had excellent reputations; the Morini and Laverda families weren’t bad either. For those with more expensive tastes, Bentley, Rolls and Royce didn’t come in for much criticism.
The founder of Toyota had even humbler origins than Honda, but I don’t know enough of his biography to judge. I don’t know about Jellinek (the Mercedes half) but Benz seems to have been pleasant enough and his wife was the first person ever to drive a car on the street - she took the kids for a drive when he wasn’t around. The worst you can say about the Renault Brothers is that one of them introduced Taylorism to France.
Really I think if you want objectionable founders on an industrial scale you are pretty much left with Henry Ford and Porsche + Hitler (VW)

[edit - I was concentrating on actual founders. Agnelli (see below) didn’t found FIAT (sorry wrong Agnelli). But I guess the real founder of VW was Ivan Hirst who, as a British officer after WW2, got the factory going as part of the attempt to rebuild Germany. He offered the Beetle design to Lord Nuffield who rejected it; the British equivalent, the Morris Minor, was under-engined, far less reliable and, relatively, a flop. Hirst was treated as a hero for the rest of his life by the VW management. If you don’t buy Ford because of anti-Semitism by the management (see grandparent post), you shouldn’t have a problem with VW; the Beetle was designed by a Jewish engineer and its first US importer was also Jewish. Coincidentally Hirst came from Manchester, which has England’s second largest Jewish population after London.]

10 Likes