Trump hotels, faced with massive declines in bookings, rebrand as "Scion Hotels"

Part of the problem was that they were targeting younger buyers who didn’t want to be seen in a Toyota and then rather suddenly younger buyers didn’t have jobs or money. By the time the recession ended the main Toyota brand wasn’t uncool anymore. That’s a simplification of course. Toyota did some stupid things in the lead up to the recession like not having a diverse product range.

Ivanka is starting to take a hit as well…
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/donald-trump-is-killing-ivankas-business-as-women-boycott-her-brand-and-the-stores-that-carry-it/

10 Likes

I have to admit: I’m looking forward to the schadenfreude-filled moment when we get to see viral pictures of those giant Ts, Rs, Us, Ms, and Ps being removed from the sides of the hotels. Do you think that they’ll try to do it overnight to hide the change?

14 Likes

If I were the immediate supervisor of those assigned to take them down, I would explicitly instruct them to do so midday. Wearing fluorescent safety vests. And communicating solely via hand signals and referee whistles. Fuck do I care? With bookings that low, probably gonna get canned anyway and thank god for that because being knowingly complicit in that schlub’s ongoing con scheme would probably have me contemplating jumping off one of those letters.

5 Likes

Don’t forget to have them start just before lunch so that they only have enough time to take the T down before their break…

4 Likes

Worse than that. Aston Martin actually built them in the UK with their mods. But their labour was so inefficient, they ended up costing 50% more than the predicted price and they did not sell. On the other hand, if you have one it has hardly depreciated from new.

1 Like

6 Likes

Can we not have a Sith sidestory to go along with this? Reuse some Zoolander 2 field shots along with some doc footage about where pantsuits are made?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.