Trump: 'I have the right to do whatever I want as president' [VIDEO]

Yes, but its OUR guy lying, so it’s ok now.

You’re right, they would be calling to lynch Obama if he acted a 10th like this.

10 Likes

It never could have happened in the first place, because a black guy who had five kids by three different women (to say nothing of Trump’s other flaws) never could have got within a thousand miles of a major-party nomination.

28 Likes

No one else would have provided the necessary cover for a previous president who acted like this. The Republican party is now the Trump party, though. They’re all tangled up in him. So we get this:

Total Trump: dumbass lie, serious consequences, others covering for him.

15 Likes

Any minute now a chorus of Republicans will stand up and say, “ENOUGH OF THIS MADNESS!”

/sorry wrong meds

10 Likes

Considering what an egomaniac he is, he’s also probably that type that won’t ask for clarification because “questions make you sound dumb.”

6 Likes

I seriously doubt it’s 7th grade level. I was reading at a fairly high level by then. Hell, I was being taught Bob Dylan in English class. In Tulsa, for gawdsake.

9 Likes

If he started acting like that out of the blue after a long period of sanity, then yes, that’d be shocking. But in this case he’s always acted like that from day one. Voters weren’t surprised they got a crazy, senile liar because they deliberately voted for one.

15 Likes

I can’t see the video right now but is this the event where trump is addressing teenagers and saying sh*t about the squad and they are laughing?

because that’s like hitler’s nazi youth, I mean literally a page right out of history to match the rest of the nightmare he’s building with 4/10th of the full support of the country, it’s terrifying

4 Likes

The only thing that really matters is when people stop following his orders. It feels like we are in a giant Milgram Obedience to Authority experiment. And we are slowly being desensitized to the screams eminating from the other room.
Okay with racist statements? Check
Okay with the longest government shutdown in history? Check.
Okay with seperating children from their parents? Check.
Okay with having the FBI arrest Members of Congress the President doesn’t like? We’ll see…

8 Likes

If Trump is impeached and removed from office, Mike Pence will become President. Which of Trump’s tax cuts and wild deregulation do you expect he would roll back?

3 Likes

Yes I stole this

12 Likes

Of course he would say that to Turning Point USA The Hitler Youth.

7 Likes

he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper

If I were hard of thinking I’d read this as saying that if the houses disagree I can conveve and adjourn them. Which means I get to do what I want since they exist to stop me and they’d be adjourned, right?

(What do convene and adjourn mean in this context?)

4 Likes

Yep, exactly.

1 Like

It takes a spine to stand up.

5 Likes

Probably, though it’s clear he doesn’t think he needs to know anything. (That is, that he’s such a genius he doesn’t need to know anything about a problem in order to solve it. Not even what the problem specifically is.) He’s also terminally incurious, too. He doesn’t read (never has). He doesn’t make any effort to educate himself because he just doesn’t care to know anything about, well, anything.

7 Likes

I have a feeling someone said something to the effect of ‘Article 2 says everything you can do’ and he twists it to ‘Article 2 says you can do everything’.

10 Likes

They don’t care what he says, only what he does.

3 Likes

Now that is just not true. Himself. He cares about himself.

My guess would be that he was told that Article 2 meant that he could do whatever he wanted within some very particular field of endeavor. And then his limited understanding and interest learning anything eliminated the qualifier.

8 Likes

It’s not even the first time a missing comma has been problematic.

On The West Wing this was a plot point:

And then in real life it strengthened the second amendment:

4 Likes