Trump: 'I love to read.'

Absolutely, and as such he should be re-buried to be dug up in the future, far future. Eventually.

If it’s fake, maybe Fox ought to get on message and not quote it on their own site:

When Carlson asked how Trump spends his spare time, the president said, “I love to read,” but bemoaned his lack of opportunities to do so.

“Every time I do about a half-a-page,” Trump said, “I get a phone call that there’s some emergency, this or that … I don’t get to read very much, because I’m working very hard on lots of different things.”

Oh wait. You said fake news. You’re doing parody right? Darn, it’s so hard to tell the humorists from what’s real these days; it’s all so unbelievable. Well, thanks for joining up to bring us that little bit of levity, and welcome to Boing Boing.

13 Likes

Those covers! Look at the billionaire triceratops!

“Wordsworth! Prepare the jet will you? I think I’ll spend the weekend on the island.”

5 Likes

Pretty much a description of John Varley’s Gaea trilogy.

2 Likes

Have you read ‘The Gospel of Supply Side Jesus’?

23 Likes

I have now seen the new part of the interview and I stand corrected. Turns out it’s not fake news but just simply the 1000th edition of “Trump talks in a way that doesn’t live up to my elitist standards”.

Haaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha hooooo, whooo!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha haaaaa ha ha ha ha!!!

Chuckle. Snort. Giggle.

Bwwwwahhhhhhh ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa!!!

Whoooooooooaaaaaaa. Deary, deary me.

Ha. Yep.

30 Likes

10 Likes

Unplusgood. My Donald Trump edition of the Newspeak dictionary still hasn’t arrived.

How are we to understand him when we are still using an out of date version of English?

16 Likes

this chart gets it across pretty well - i believe it only shows carriers capable of launching jet fighters - there are a lot more that can do prop and rotor craft

6 Likes

Your use of “my” in that sentence is ambiguous because you haven’t specified a subject. You should consider rewording it so the subject is clearly defined; perhaps “…that doesn’t live up to the standards of you elitist cuck libruls.”

There’s no need to thank me, I’m always happy to help a new member make themselves properly understood. Welcome to Boingboing, comrade!

17 Likes

8 Likes

13 Likes

24 Likes

I was trying to get something to link about Andrew Jackson’s involvement in genocide to talk about how concerning a reading choice Trump is claiming to make when this came up.

I’m not sure how credible a source The Daily Beast is. If this is accurate, it could signal the direction Bannon is manipulating Trump to take. Terrifying.

ETA: phone link failure.

4 Likes

That second link doesn’t work.

Maybe this one, which is indeed terrifying.

These three groups share a co-founder: John Tanton, a population control activist who flirted with racist pseudo-science, supported Planned Parenthood, and argued that immigration and population growth were bad for the environment. Immigrants’ rights advocates argue that the groups are covertly white supremacist and motivated by animus towards people of color. These groups, meanwhile, argue that activists who support immigrants’ rights are secretly in the pocket of corporate interests looking to drive down wages by bringing in immigrants willing to work for less than native-born Americans.

5 Likes

The article and quotes seem to make it clear that there is no distinction in his mind between reading for pleasure (which is something you can still love but not be able to find time for - although if you truly do ‘love’ an activity there is always a way) and reading as research - to become informed of the matters relating to the job at hand. Research reading should be essential for someone in his position.
To ‘not have time’ for research is equivalent to saying ‘I do not have time to do my job properly’. Being fully informed and knowledgeable about a situation is essential for any person in a position of power. When going to the home of Andrew Jackson of course it makes sense to enlighten yourself about the man - how else will you know what you are seeing and be able to appreciate the experience. But in this context the reading is for research (even if it is still enjoyable).

Reading for pleasure is an individual choice. Many people will have activities they prefer to take part in other than reading. This doesn’t make them stupid or lazy, they just have different priorities. For example you could prefer to spend your free time playing golf. However, to spend any and all of your free time playing golf and then claiming that you want to read more but don’t have time is bordering on stupid, or at least showing signs that you do not have the ability or common sense to manage your own time efficiently.

… Oh, I forgot to mention, if you are the ‘golf playing’ type don’t chastise others for playing golf if they can also find time to read, spend time with their family and still do their job properly… It makes you look weak. (sad, failing!)

8 Likes

All those ‘Trump Can’t Read’ articles from a few weeks back have clearly bubbled up the tubes and caught his attention. Took a while, like.

8 Likes

This sounds like something to take up with your grandmother when you have to deliver her meals. She can explain it to you, maybe.

7 Likes