Trump: 'I think you'd have riots' and 'bad things' if I'm not GOP nominee

This is Mer’ka. Trumps supporters aren’t the only well armed people here.

Yes, this is the critical point. As much as I may not like Trump, he is just herding a rampaging elephant stampede (a donkey stampede would be much less impressive, so forgive the mixed metaphor). These people have been riled up for years and years by the Republican party and are ready to blow. They are also (finally) realizing that the Republican establishment isn’t doing a thing for them.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Are you asking for a citation for the RNC’s Southern Strategy, or for decades of direct physical threats that the RNC has given a wink to [as part of its Southern Strategy]((http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/07/13/AR2005071302342.html)?

Is this comment directed to me? I’m pretty sure I did not suggest nor do I believe the RNC was/is motivated by stupid and evil. On the contrary, I think they are motivated by wealth and power.

5 Likes

What colour shirt do you think they’ll pick?

2 Likes

I imagine it will look something like this, but with Trump’s face:

3 Likes

I keep expecting him to show up with a second head implanted on his shoulder

Here’s a fun game. Are the following quotes trumpisms or breebleboxes?

• “I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don’t know the answer.”
• “If there’s anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.”
• “You guys are so unhip it’s a wonder your bums don’t fall off.”
• “I’m so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat inside me for a month.”
• “Listen, three eyes, don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

• “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass.”
  • “I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”
  • “All of the women … flirted with me – consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.”
  • “One of they key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace. Good people don’t go into government.”
    • “If I ever meet myself, I’ll hit myself so hard I won’t know what’s hit me.”
7 Likes

I see your logic, but I have to think that allowing them to show themselves and have some kind of Reichstag fire moment in order to discredit them is a lot like juggling hand grenades. It could go very badly and not turn out how you want.

A democracy is only as strong as its institutions. Even in the USA it is possible to subvert it. How many of us would be out in the streets after a few of our friends and coworkers had been arrested, beaten up or worse? A lot fewer than we would like to think.

There is a bizarre correlation going with the Trumpsters in that they overlap a lot with the 2nd Amendment fetishists. So the people who think their handguns and the AK under their bed is a hedge against fascism are in many cases lining up to be the fascists. Fucking terrifying.

9 Likes

Red, White and Blue, of course.

It’s too easy—Douglas Adams could out-witticism Trump in a paper bag, with his lips sewn shut.

9 Likes

And just to be clear, Trump’s ghostwriter in no way demonstrated any insight in his 2000 book related to bin Laden:
“Trump, “The America We Deserve,” January 2000: Instead of one looming crisis hanging over us, we face a bewildering series of smaller crises, flash points, standoffs, and hot spots. We’re not playing the chess game to end all chess games anymore. We’re playing tournament chess — one master against many rivals. One day we’re all assured that Iraq is under control, the UN inspectors have done their work, everything’s fine, not to worry. The next day the bombing begins. One day we’re told that a shadowy figure with no fixed address named Osama bin-Laden is public enemy number one, and U.S. jetfighters lay waste to his camp in Afghanistan. He escapes back under some rock, and a few news cycles later it’s on to a new enemy and new crisis.”

Patriotic, but lacking a certain malicious air. My vote is on just (pure) white.

edit: Maybe with some sort of matching hood.

3 Likes

Honestly, I think he’d sell his own grandmother to medical testing for the presidency. But the self-serving shit-stain has keen political instincts. If he splits the GOP’s base and loses to Trump as an independent in the general, he’ll never reunite the party and he can kiss any prospects of winning a future bid for the presidency goodbye. Instead I think he’ll get behind Trump and bide his time. Which means Trump is probably headed for the general.

ETA: For the past eight years there have existed two main wings of the Republican party. The old-school Establishment that pandered to the Tea Party to beat back Democratic gains in turn picked up from the disasters Bush the Lesser left in his wake. And the Tea Party, which rewarded the Establishment by holding them hostage. But now we have a third wing, the bat-shit crazy Overton Window smashing Cult of Trump, who has out-Tea-Partied the Tea Party by showing he’s completely willing to destroy the Republican Party if they don’t line up behind him. In a sense, he took advantage of the GOP’s division to conquer it. GOP insiders are corrupt, not stupid. They know divided loyalties within the party opened them to conquest. They know if they divide the party again, Trump will route them. So they’ll roll over and the GOP will go from ultra-conservative to facist-lite. A lot of Establishment Republicans who were never comfortable with the Tea Party will either follow Boehner into retirement or defect to the Democratic Party if and as it continues it’s right-ward march with Clinton.

5 Likes

Donald Trump: An ill-fitting suit full of chickens coming home to roost.

• John Oliver
11 Likes

Zaphod - 2,3,4,5??

It will be interesting to see what happens if Bernie wins a majority of the elected delegates (still slightly possible) and Hillary’s superdelegates give her the nomination.

All the Bernie supporters will just calmly get behind the candidate and quietly go home to work on 2020 or 2024, amirite??

The Left is rioting. Just look at Chicago, where Trump had to cancel his rally before his people even got a chance to sucker punch anybody! What happened to my America?

4 Likes

Sorry, we’ve had a glut at the Lost & Found. Which dream was yours?

7 Likes

Well, he’s no Pigasus.