Trump: "If you take the blue states out [of Covid death count] we're at a level I don't think anybody in the world would be at."

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/16/trump-if-you-take-the-blue.html

6 Likes

What’s the problem? Take the blue states out and you still have a death toll higher than anyone would have expected for America.

39 Likes

Probably ‘herd’ this from a waiter…

14 Likes

If you don’t count the dead people it’s a total win.

64 Likes

“Ma! Come quick! Trump’s motorboat’n between two boobs!”

9 Likes

So I guess red states won’t be needing the vaccine, then?

28 Likes

Are we sure Trump meant “[of Covid Death count]” as opposed to just suggesting “taking out” the blue states?

25 Likes

This is so blatantly false as to be beyond parody.

The fact is, if you treated each US state as its own nation, then ranked the world by per capita deaths, US states would occupy 8 of the top 10 spots. And there absolutely are red states in that list.

34 Likes

Somebody please put a cork in his asshole for a mouth.

22 Likes

California has somewhere around 4.8 Million registered Republicans, more than any other single state and more than many red states put together.

Trump would just as soon have those supporters die of disease and let fires incinerate their corpses because they happen to live in a state where they are outnumbered by people who don’t like him.

63 Likes

I am astonished to learn that no Republicans live in “Blue” states.

47 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one who read it that way… :grimacing:

13 Likes

Careful now! He’ll nuke us like hurricanes.

13 Likes

It’s not only a stupid thing to say, it’s not even true:

What does the truth matter when you’re trying to dog-whistle to a bunch of fascists?

26 Likes

But I thought Blue Lives Matter?

41 Likes

We’re past that (as of 9/16/2020) according to

Two hundred thousand dead and he’s congratulating himself.

23 Likes

I know I’ve told this story before on BBS. But the night after Trump won I had a dream that Trump was trying to nuke California, that the Senate was having an emergency meeting to try to oust Trump from the white house, and that Trump was ordering the army to arrest the Senate.

I’d say that this is getting more realistic by the day, except that now I’m pretty sure McConnell would use a procedural move to prevent the Senate from having a vote.

28 Likes

I like this summary from the New York Times

U! S! A!
U! S! A!

26 Likes

If we didn’t test all the time our numbers would look so much better.

Never go to the doctor. They’re killers! My uncle went to the doctor once, little tickle in his throat, BOOM lung cancer. Never go to the doctor.

42 Likes

Almost entirely prophetic, as it turns out. The “nuke” was covid - Jared convinced Trump (not that he needed much convincing) they didn’t need to do anything because it was hitting blue states the hardest. Losing largely democratic areas to disease was not only not a problem, they saw it as a benefit.

28 Likes