Trump imagines reaction by George Floyd (who is dead) to jobs numbers: 'This is a great day for him, it’s a great day for everybody'

I listen to a lot of local NPR, and I keep honestly wondering exactly how they keep a straight face and not just say he’s lying, or that he’s completely incoherent

4 Likes

For some reason, I imagine his words as him showing up at Floyds funeral and talking into the hole in the ground, saying “but isn’t this great George? you should be happy about these numbers!” as his family is trying to bury him.

This is basically what he’s doing.

This is not only completely and absolutely tone deaf, but insulting the dead, racist, and completely void of decency all simultaneously.

It’s like he’s actively trying to create new dimensions of tasteless insult.

Fuck this man and the ones who birthed him

5 Likes

I can make a hat, or a brooch, or a pterodactyl!

12 Likes

After he said there were “fine people” on both sides of Charlottesville, forgive me for not taking the “treated fairly” quote as anything but gaslighting.

13 Likes

How long will the line be to piss on Trump’s grave?

11 Likes

You are correct, there is nothing natural about his colour.

5 Likes

He means “it’s a great day for everybody who matters.”

The little people will never be people to him.

We’ve tried facts for years. YEARS. Maybe now is the time to try distortions, since it’s working so well for the GOP. /s

It’ll go smoother if we work together and form a bucket brigade.

8 Likes

Yeah, he had a few words about equality in between claiming credit for slightly better job growth, bashing china and brazil, and most of all praising supression of the protests. He said:

“I hope. And I hope that you also use our National Guard. Call me. We’ll be ready for them so fast their heads will spin. We did it in Minnesota, in Minneapolis. We were incredible. They were ripping that place apart. I love it. We had such success there. And they were ripping it apart. And I called the governor and the National Guard went in. In one night it was over. You don’t see the problem in Minnesota now at all. Not even a little bit”

You are giving him too much credit.

ETA: Orenwolf is right and I apologzie to you mccavfefe for piling on you. I should have done this post in a less confrontational way.

12 Likes

He really doesn’t serve any other purpose, other than to incite violence, does he?

3 Likes

Blacks vote Dem. “The only good Democrat is a dead Democrat,” POTUS tweeted. Tear gas thus isn’t enough.

PS: I expressed a rightist syllogism, not my own view.

1 Like

Gawwd! He is just begging to be removed from office. Please finish his annual health exam with a psychiatrist workup.

2 Likes

dignity copy

2 Likes

Ok, I’ll buy that even if in my opinion CA is opening things too fast, that other places opening even faster are likely “even more wrong” (or, alternately, I’m too “conservative” in my opinion of when CA should reopen things, but other places having done it even faster could still be wrong…).

I’ll note CA hasn’t ridden out the worst of the infections, we started easing restrictions when the rate of new infections was low enough which isn’t at all the same. I believe we have more confirmed cases now then when we started. So if people 11 weeks (or 17, or whatever) ago were keeping their distance at the time, and we reopen now all we have is some additional advice about using masks (they are not required) as the difference between then and now…plus a larger pool of people that can infect others.

It doesn’t sound like a winning combination.

Of corse if things don’t turn out bad in two to three weeks I’ll be wrong (and this will sound shrill), but I’ll be happy to be wrong. Thrilled in fact.

Could be. CA may also be just as out of money for such things.

I’ve seen pictures (and video) of places that opened earlier. Long lines, and crowded hair salons and restaurants. It doesn’t look like people do much waiting. Then again, maybe the pictures and videos that make the rounds are the most outrageous, and the “barely 15% full” places don’t get shown?

I’m going to stay here in my hole and panic, I’m pretty good at that. Well other then not living in an actual hole. My entire house is above ground (well, until 2020 rolls on the “natural and unnatural disasters” table again).

4 Likes

15 Likes

Hey, um, maybe don’t do that?

9 Likes

Don’t forget massive tax breaks and bailouts for the rich. I know it was awhile ago, and a lot has changed, but we really need to remember that.

6 Likes

Just to be clear here, yes, a longer examination of the press conference (if one really wants to do that) will reveal technical interpretations that may differ from the original post. It’s up to Xeni whether she wants to update. I really think the specifics in this case are beside the point though - it’s incredibly infammatory and a terrible thing to do to use Mr Floyd’s death this way.

Please don’t unreasonably roast your fellow members for pointing this fact out. The dogpiling is unecessary.

9 Likes

Maybe he’ll get his wish to be like Lincoln?

2 Likes

If you haven’t heard, I’ll be doing a yearly pilgrimage myself, so I’m first- and no crossing the streams, that’s how bad things happen

4 Likes

Clearly the man is inhabiting a separate reality.

1 Like