Trump is apparently still terrified about financial conflicts so now he's tweeting about flag-burning and CNN

I see no reason to burn a flag, because it’s not America that I am bothered by.

Let’s all, each of us, burn a Trump effigy every single day of his tenure.

16 Likes

Do Cheetos burn? I know Doritos do.

10 Likes

First, we need top take him seriously.

Second, his is a real threat. Is it a distraction? Probably, maybe, whatever.

Third, Trump can not be president until his businesses be put in a blind trust.

There are a litany of crimes, conflicts, and issues. We should go after every one.

5 Likes

Burn some trump flags.

FYI, the last bill that tried to criminalize flag burning was co-sponsored by clinton.

3 Likes

I have been reading everything I can to see if there is some real way of preventing Trump from being seated as president, but I haven’t read anything that gives any hope that either a vote recount or the Electoral College can prevent him from taking office.

4 Likes

It seems that Trump’s fans are doing some of their own flag desecration: http://file770.com/?p=32138

2 Likes

Worship the flag or you’re in trouble.

Hampshire College (in Amherst, MA) currently being protested by an angry crowd for opting not to fly the American flag.

So maybe it’s not enough to refrain from burning it.

6 Likes

I cant be the only one pointing out he is now insulting journalist of Twitter for not doing their job and showing the evidence that there has been no massive voting fraud like he says.

Literally. He is demanding others prove a negative, while providing no proof whatsoever of his assertion.

13 Likes

You fight every battle and you fight to win.

3 Likes

I’m willing to put my total effort behind any fight that has a shot at dethroning this asshole.

15 Likes

He may have noticed there’s a push, spearheaded by Bush and Obama’s ethics lawyers, for the members of the electoral college to not cast their votes for him because of those unconstitutional conflicts of interest.

Given tRump’s penchant for projection, I do now wonder if he has knowledge of voter fraud perpetrated for him. I was reading that in one contested state, soon after the election, in a few counties they found five thousand ghost votes (votes in excess of the actual ballots cast there) in tRump’s favor. It could be down to clerical errors, and they were quickly deleted, but…

Well, it seems to be working for him. Even if it wasn’t, he has surrounded himself with ‘yes men’ who aren’t going to challenge him - at best they’ll work around his natural tendencies.

13 Likes

I have to say I don’t really understand or sympathize with the conflict of interest. If I had a billion-dollar business (or even a million-dollar business) and I was told to put it in trust so I could serve as President of the Unites States, you know what I would do?

Put it in trust.

9 Likes

I’d let someone else be President.

I can’t see how, even if he was the most ethical person on the planet, he could do the job of being President and the owner of his businesses (in trust or not, being run by his kids or not), without at least being the subject of attempted bribes all the time. Even without asking, his businesses are going to be given cushy deals all the time. His financial situation is fundamentally incompatible with being the head of state.

24 Likes

Just like how when Obama was elected, it was crickets fro the anti-war and anti-corporate left.

1 Like

Especially considering that the trust will probably do a better job than the owner himself. Despite the self made rethoric, Trump records are of a mediocre businessman.
Deep down he knows that, I think he his more interested to keep the facade than to hide the actual conflict of interests.

7 Likes

Haha, apparently.

1 Like

Those were some pretty loud crickets. Did the anti-war left give Obama a pass?

7 Likes

What fight? With what? You lose every fight that is scattered, unfocused and formless.

1 Like

Sure, in whatever fantasyland you live in.

5 Likes

I live in a state with some relaxing laws. I may burn something else down every day :wink: :wink:

9 Likes