Trump is apparently still terrified about financial conflicts so now he's tweeting about flag-burning and CNN

The yes men aren’t as scary as the yahoos who’ll use their own initiative to implement some random mixed message. “I totally did not order that, and I walked it back 4 hours later. Trust me.”

9 Likes

Private RICO suit?

1 Like

Yes. Yes the vocal protests and critiques died down once Bush was out of office. LibDems—including Obama—have managed to normalize presidency at war for the entirety of a two-term administration. Just like the LibDems have managed to normalize the rotating door between Wall Street and the White House. Bernie Sanders’ traction included a lot of rage over LibDems like HRC’s corporate agenda. Just like Obama and TPP, Obama and walk-backs of corporate accountability on domestic corporate culpability mass surveillance. Just like Obama on banks “too big to fail.”

Too many folks are simply happy when “their team” (team LibDem, team GOP) is in office and shut up.

3 Likes

Because, obviously, flag burning is the most serious and pressing issue on everyone’s minds these days.

Next up: Trump tweets about how offensive that “hip-hop rapping music” is.

13 Likes

[EDIT: THIS IS APPARENTLY FAKE. OR SATIRE. OR WHATEVER IT’S CALLED NOW]

18 Likes

Anyone who thinks that Pence would be better. Imagine someone who shares most of Trump’s worldview, but knows how to keep from repeatedly shooting himself in the foot.

6 Likes

If Trump knew this ahead of time, I have to give him credit for some gold-medal class driving trollies.

2 Likes

Wait, where is John Kerry? With all this flip flopping, I am not convinced that he isn’t wearing Trump as a flesh suit…

2 Likes

It’s one thing to run for President voicing views that are different than what you’d expressed in the past; it’s quite another to discard every major campaign promise within two weeks of being elected. If I was one of the minority of Americans who actually, naively believed in Trump’s entire platform, I’d be baffled right now as he embraces Obama as a trusted guide and shrugs off all of his promises.

13 Likes

Indeed, have people not been paying attention for the past 30 years? There is literally nothing that a Republican can do that will result in anything bad happening to them.

But EMAILS! Eleventy. Now that is something.

3 Likes

Turns out that it does, but it lacks substance and burns out quickly.

6 Likes

Or wearing him as a pair of flip flops? Trump flesh suit is a revolting thought. Although he is probably big and gassy enough to be a raxacoricofallapatorian in disguise.

4 Likes

I don’t remember mentioning Pence (who I agree is just as bad, if not worse, but at least is a regular Republican)

1 Like

Not really, because any interpretation of the First Amendment that would allow the government to jail someone for flag burning would also allow the government to jail people for any number of other forms of expression.

7 Likes

I think that only works if you believe that one ruling has to be logically connected to another.

8 Likes

If you Americans (male and female) have (proverbial) balls, you mass-reply to Trumps tweet with a picture of a burning flag and ask him about his financial conflicts.

1 Like

I think that does describe his appointees - they may be yes men, but tRump is going to be so absent and hands-off, that they’ll be left to their own, insane, devices.

2 Likes

Then choose the effort you like and go with that. The the more fit strategies and tactics will win out.

Land, sea, or air. Pick the effort you think has he most probability of success.

Honestly, flag burning is so overused. What I really would like to see is people flying the flag upside down. I haven’t heard of anyone doing that recently. And it’s very appropriate for the situation. To quote:

Flying the American flag upside down is an officially recognized signal of distress. § 8(a)The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

15 Likes