Trump Jr. announces"non-woke" magazine for manly men like him

Man Hails Cab.

Asshat finally achieves simple goal.

13 Likes

The EDC crowd also leans pretty hard into “tactical” (flat black with ribs) versions of things, and tend to include seven knives so they can be ready for… something badass they imagine will happen to them on a Tuesday in the grocery store. Heavy overlap with bros, preppers and even more fringey fringes, as Rob was alluding to.

Any time a group finds the need to name, quantify, and build a community around something normal people just do without thinking about, it never attracts a good crowd.

9 Likes

didn’t r/EDC become innudated with guns a few years ago?

sort of like this

7 Likes

Yup, it was inevitable that the ammosexuals would show up.

Of course this “community” never acknowledges women, who invented the idea of thinking about what you should carry around every day, hence purses. Dudebros think they invented the notion of laying out your stuff and putting it in pockets. Meanwhile they never bring the stuff that’s actually useful, like chapstick, tissues, breath mints, etc. As soon as someone invents Tactical Chapstick, they’ll be all over it.

13 Likes

Chaptical? Or Tacstick?

6 Likes

NO thank you for your DISservice

While we’s pannin’ fer gold!

6 Likes

I look at this and (prefer to) see Randy Rainbow singing something pointed about knife guy

1 Like

What colour is the boathouse in Hereford?

3 Likes

This is you you make your millions: A machete with cherry chapstick in the handle.

5 Likes

Chapstick shaped like shotgun shells!

4 Likes

Never underestimate how strange reality already is :joy:

Just needs a MOLLE based holder to really
fill the niche.

9 Likes

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

56oz? How chapped are these lips?

7 Likes

There’s some amazing rebranding of products considered traditionally feminine to appeal to men by making the branding either dull or “manly”

Faith in nature seem to have toned down their “for men” shampoo and body washes, I remember them being much more RRRR MAN

compared to

But the one that gets me is the metallic colours and angular futuristic design of Tena’s For Men line of pads and protective underwear.

compared to

Now the traditional Tena branding is decidedly feminine in that way that’s very particular to hygiene products but there’s definitely a middle ground between it and the box that feels like it’s trying to make insecure men feel a bit better about needing protection.

4 Likes

And of course the manly version costs 15% less. This is the well-documented Pink Tax.

Just don’t get those ends mixed up. Boy is that embarrassing.

8 Likes

I still love (for very weird definitions of “love”) the shameless Bic for Women biros. They’re pink! And cost more!

4 Likes

Failed Ethos? Is that how you pronounce it?

2 Likes
5 Likes

2 Likes

Just for perspective, my current ChapStick is only 0.15 oz, and cotton candy flavored (because I was always jealous of the girls in grade school who used to get that Dr. Pepper flavored lip gloss, the brand which I cannot remember the name).

ETA: Ooh, now I think I remember…Lip Smacker, I think. I have no idea where to buy this stuff off the shelf in San Diego.

4 Likes