Trump just announced that Nancy Pelosi is no longer speaker of the house

Scene 1: WH Counsel advises Trump that he can have House Speaker removed on his order.

Scene 2: WH Counsel maniacally giggling behind Trump’s back.

28 Likes

Pump the breaks donald, i’m still making popcorn.

21 Likes

She could make it her Twitter bio

4 Likes

Considering that, according to White House sources, the guy’s too much of an actual chickenshit coward to fire people to their faces when the cameras aren’t rolling (see: Comey, Sessions, etc.), I’m gonna go with “no, but he might try to talk someone else into throwing the punches for him”.

28 Likes

There is a real chance Pence will have to debate Harris directly in the VP debates. That’ll be a night to mark on your calendar.

24 Likes

Scene 3: WH Counsel gets fired.

7 Likes

By Ivanka’s hairdresser.

24 Likes

As we tumble further down the surreality hole, the Orange King transforms into the Madder Hatter.

That said, he has done SO MUCH STUFF THAT’S UNHEARD OF OR INSANE and he’s STILL THERE.

He’s the ink spot on your arm that you’ve rubbed at for ages before discovering he’s really cancer.

I think @jproffitt71 may be right. As long as his party supports him, he’s not going anywhere and he will do everything he can to warp reality, including this latest bit of batshittery.

But at least incompetence is still present:

27 Likes

It’s days like this that made me pine for the time when the only things Trump did was singing the Green Acres theme song at awards shows, hocking meat for Sharper Image and endorsing Eminem for president on tv.

9 Likes

I really wonder if the GOP understands what they’re doing by letting this jack-hole get away with what he’s doing. The GOP won’t have the senate majority and POTUS position forever (hopefully) and you know god-damn well there will be some chickens coming home to roost.

7 Likes

Scene 4: WH Counsel secretly proxy-out info to “knowledgeable” whistleblowers.

2 Likes

I’m not fully convinced the GOP are very good at long term planning – that or they have been working toward the collapse of the US government all this time and are strategic grandmasters.

They can be in charge forever if they totally destabilize our electoral process; which is happening. Then it’s like a game of musical chairs, and they are already sitting. From there it’s a tiny hop to totalitarianism and fascism.

Keep in mind, we already have concentration camps – of a sort – and Trump has been looking at similar solutions to house the “mentally ill.”

It could get very dark, very fast.

36 Likes

I’m wondering if the repubs are now calculating that they will have a better chance with Pence in the 2020 election. They just might go along with the impeachment and claim that Pence is totally not like his idiot boss, and call it a clean slate.

9 Likes

A bunch of years ago I was listening to the radio about a CEO of a company in India. I forget the exact details but the gist is that some expected profit didn’t come in at the end of a quarter. He cooked the books to include the profit because it was going to come in any minute and so no one would know and all would be ok. But then he had to lie more to cover up the cover up. And then more covering up of the cover up of the cover up.

He described it as riding on the back of the tiger. As long as he continued cooking the books he felt he was safe. But as soon as I did the right thing and stopped then he was fucked and the tiger was going to eat him.

I imagine a lot of GOP are clinging to the tiger right now.

29 Likes

This seems much worse to be honest.

5 Likes

This guy… I want to say it sounds like things are finally falling apart for him, but we’ve seen this kind of insanity in the past, and it just keeps going. Until we actually see him out of office or at least members of his own party stand up to him, I’m skeptical that any of this means anything. As long as we keep treating political parties as sports teams, he’s basically untouchable. This whole situation is ludicrous.

23 Likes

YES god damn it YES!!! The left has been trying to tell you what a fucking coup looks like for the past decade at least and yet we’re having the same conversations over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again!

23 Likes

I have said since before he was elected, he will not leave quietly. He would not have accepted a loss in 2016 and he will not accept one in 2020.

There will be violence, I am sure of it given his idiot minions.

9 Likes

“Mr El Presidente for Life? We’re here to give you your severance package.”

@Steve_L Insane Clown President, “Reality, how the fuck does that work?”

6 Likes

They’ve had three years to make that move, and they would have had Pence in charge for longer. The fact they didn’t make that move already makes me pretty certain they still won’t.

They are letting this non-politician “everyman” “honest talker” shred every convention of democracy that he comes in contact with, lowering what’s considered “normal” so far below where it needs to be for our government to properly function. When his time is done, the shambles he leaves behind will allow them to be as dark and dirty as they want to be.

13 Likes