Trump just announced that Nancy Pelosi is no longer speaker of the house

He didn’t even fire people face-to-face on The Apprentice. He was recorded separately and spliced into the action.

23 Likes

Rage Mango. Good one. I keep a list of names for our presidnyet for an art project I am working on.

I’ll keep this one in the box with “Mango Felch” and “Fuck a L’Orange
I think I saw “Orange Skull”, “Manchurian Cantaloupe” and “Agent Orange” at the bottom of the box.
Well, top of the pile really. And this is just the box labeled “colors/fruits”

14 Likes

I think she hurt his feelings :frowning:

7 Likes

Today in the White House:

27 Likes

My dark fantasy is the next president calls up China and says, “Could you do me a favour and look into the finances of Elly (Or Porter, or Claire) McConnell? I think something bad might have happened there. If people are breaking Chinese law we can certainly look into extradition… let’s talk again soon, we need to end this trade war and get Meng Wanzhou back to you, right?”

8 Likes

I’d like to know in what context this came up. Are there any other sources for that video?

The fact that he survived the Access Hollywood tape and the Trump University scandal and Stormy Daniels tells me that absolutely nothing he does or could do will ever turn his supporters or the pubbies against him.

15 Likes

Right now, the betting markets have Warren as a 50/50 shot for the nomination (Biden is about 4-1, Sanders and Yang are 9-1, Harris and Buttigieg are about 18-1). It’s pretty significant statement when the betting markets think you’re that strong when you’re still 5 months away from the first caucus.

I’d be more excited to see a debate between Buttigieg and our homophobic VP, both from Indiana. Seeing Pence’s reaction in having to share a table with (and probably losing to) a gay man could be sweet.

17 Likes

News hit, more to come:

11 Likes

Um… that’s not… how… he can’t… I… what?

hiddleston-awkward

26 Likes

So what’s his next move? What happens when he announces, for example, that Kevin McCarthy or Steve Scalise is acting Speaker given that the chair is vacant?

2 Likes

35 Likes

This is to be hoped for - I look forward to the footage of him being marched out of the residence by men in uniform.

18 Likes

The chair behind the desk in the Oval Office is not a magic talisman that makes you the president if you can manage to sit in it, such that you only stop being president if someone physically removes you.

The institutions that decide who the president is are the Electoral College, when it votes in December, and Congress, when it counts the votes on January 6. The old president is not part of the process.

15 Likes

20 Likes

Apt; kudos.

I’m no fan of Pelosi, by any means; but I was just thinking this petty-ass maneuver is just gonna give her all the more incentive to go for his fucking throat.

11 Likes

It isn’t my favorite play, but that first line’s a humdinger!

What do you mean, this isn’t that?

4 Likes

His press conference is the longest rambling piece of crap ever… Ha! Playback speed, better!

7 Likes

Yes we should be alarmed. However I still have faith in the American people and the Democracy we have set up.

1 Like

Meanwhile, Brieibart has pushed out 85 articles today so far. I guess they don’t want anyone stopping and thinking too much. I haven’t checked the comments. The roboposts have probably gone to plaid.

15 Likes