Trump just announced that Nancy Pelosi is no longer speaker of the house

Thank you, Politics side of Boingboing. :+1:

To be fair, I’ve been thinking the same think about his Presidency.

I don’t want to boast, but it seems to be working.

3 Likes

Also :tangerine::poop:, if emojis work.

5 Likes

I imagine he may commit new crimes in public simply during throwing a tantrum as this unfolds.

7 Likes

On top of that, Pence doesn’t have Trump’s inexplicable charm with the deplorable vote. Mike is the poor man’s Mitt, and he couldn’t win a national election if he was the only one on the ballot.

18 Likes

Context: trump held a news conference with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky at the UN today. The quote about Nancy Pelosi comes at around 17:35.

5 Likes

anybody can be aggressively hateful and stupid

they just didn’t know that would work until now

6 Likes

I’m not sure that is true for just anybody. Time will tell when we get a bunch trump clones trying to emulate him.

But when I imagine say, Ted Cruz trying to trump his way into the oval office this way, I just don’t see it working. But in this timeline, I’m not placing any bets anymore on what can’t happen.

15 Likes

I wonder if Trump even knows that Pelosi is second in line for his job.

19 Likes

I bet he assumes it can only be his first born male son.

ETA: And ever since someone left the parental lock off the White House HBO channel, trump insists AOC is raising dragons.

13 Likes

I seem to recall a few times shortly after 45’s election it was a thing for Republican senators to run away from news crews yelling “fake news” over their shoulders and giggling. It’s never a good look for an adult, especially those holding office, and that seemed to have stopped. So far Trumpism without Trump doesn’t seem to work. I can only hope that continues.

11 Likes

This would be hilarious if it wasn’t happening in my country.jpg

11 Likes

If both Trump and Pence have to resign, Pelosi becomes the first woman to be US President, and Trump will take credit for making it happen.

(I know, I know this won’t happen)

15 Likes

Combine it with this. An American journalist has (probably) been put on the kill list and wants to clear his name. He isn’t allowed to know because it would violate Manchurian Cantalope’s State Secrets privilege. Goodby independent Congress. Goodbye due process. “Lock her up! Lock her up!”

17 Likes

WTF? wow!

And here, if this comment from Trump isn’t enough to remove him from office because of lack of mental faculties, nothing is. This is completely insane

3 Likes

Not just the “mentally ill”, but the homeless. So if housing becomes less and less affordable, and the homeless population increases, those people will get thrown into federal “camps.” Soon, there’d be a sizable population of Americans in federal “camps.” Which are run by corporate contractors, of course.

10 Likes

There are outs, though. Mass boycotts of red businesses, local elections, and of course, California and the East coast. Most cities are blue, and people won’t stand for a red takeover of the common way of life, except in the south. They’d have a mess on their hands, pile of guns or no.

1 Like

Non-american readers thank you!

Pence’s main appeal as VP is that he is the blandest human on the planet. He won less than 50% of the vote in Indiana in his only state-wide win. There is no way he could ever win a national election. The GOP might have some idiots, but they aren’t that dumb; if they turn on Trump, it will be someone other than Pence they back.

10 Likes

Pence is a human shit-knife.

11 Likes