Trump just fired FBI director James Comey

The Resistance just got a huge shot in the arm, thanks to tRump. Americans are watching tRump, he’s the one that should be worried, and firing Comey is proof.

26 Likes

The enemy of my enemy is still an enemy of the American people, and therefore not my friend.

15 Likes

“While I appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation […]”

What’s the point of this statement? Who is it intended for?

There’s something very fishy about this line and I can’t quite put what it is to words. Something about how it seems to be intended for the public, not Comey, as if to provide “evidence” that Turnip is clean. Weird, weird, weird.

(Unrelated, but I think “nevertheless” proves that Turnip didn’t write this letter himself.)

31 Likes

Good question!

My guess: Jared Kushner because clearly he doesn’t have enough to do

12 Likes

Love it! Also…his signature…doesn’t it say “SmhSmmmp”?

6 Likes

I hope Comey’s job insurance thumb drive has the Pee Pee video on it.

23 Likes

He signed it, and signed his proverbial death warrant too. The Democrats must be celebrating tonight, this is not good for the TGOP.

4 Likes

As someone far more clever than I pointed out, his signature looks like a klan rally.

20 Likes

Whatever the intent, it sure as hell displays 45’s insecurity about the prospect of being under investigation. It’s almost as if he might have something to hide.

26 Likes

15 Likes

Waiting for Comey core dump of documents he’s been collecting…

19 Likes

I bet Trump doesn’t even give a good “you have outlived your usefulness” evil speech. That’s supposed to be part of the severance package for all henchmen.

17 Likes

Exactly. This is what happens when a President who is a crook and all his henchmen get spooked by the apparent progress of an investigation. In this case, it’s also an opportunity to further consolidate power.

We can only hope that the investigating agents are squirrelling away the key docs in an encrypted archive and have a deadman’s switch ready to fire the password at news outlets and/or Wikileaks, because whoever is appointed to replace Comey will be hobbling and shutting down the investigation as his first order of business.

25 Likes

What I find curious here is that Comey’s testimony before Congress the other day had some completely false statements in it, but they were things that weren’t harmful to Trump.

I don’t want to give Trump any credit here, but between the pre-election Hillary bombshell and this obviously false testimony, Comey does look like kind of a screw up who probably should have been canned anyway. Whether this will put the kibosh on the Trump-Russia investigation or not I don’t know. I hope the FBI is competent enough that the firing of a director doesn’t mean important investigations cease. But then I also think Trump will try to find an ally to head the department.

This is the kind of event that tests the integrity of our government institutions.

14 Likes

Imagine if Hillary would have fired the FBI Director while under investigation.

48 Likes

Exactly! I live in Tennessee so my vote against the TGOP will mean nothing, but I will still vote! If you live in a state where you have a chance to kick out a TGOP douche, do it!!

7 Likes

What? That’s literally his only qualification for the job!

Do I have to go watch old episodes of The Apprentice now so we can argue about this?

9 Likes

I wouldn’t trust Wikileaks with that information anymore. The way they’ve been acting recently, I wouldn’t be surprised if they give the leaker’s name back to Trump then not release any of it.

24 Likes

That is a tall order based on how the FBI has been run. Still it would be nice to see.

1 Like

Do you think Wikileaks will publish it?

1 Like